Ep 91: Remembering

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Emir, Reyhan, and Elif enter Emir's family home. It's a heartwarming reunion after seven long years. Emir's mother, LEYLA, stands there with tears in her eyes, overwhelmed with emotion.

LEYLA
(Tears in her eyes)
Emir, my son, I missed you so much.

She cups Emir's face, looking into his eyes, as if trying to find traces of the boy she once knew.

LEYLA
(Continuing, emotional)
Your absence was a void that couldn't be filled.

Leyla holds Emir's hand and leads him to a wall adorned with a photograph of HIKMET, Emir's late father.

LEYLA
(Softly)
Emir, your father is no longer with us, but if he were here to see you return, he would have been so incredibly happy.

Emir gazes at the photograph, His eyes filled with tears. He nods, hiding his inner turmoil, and Reyhan, standing nearby, also plays along, concealing the truth about Emir's memory loss from Leyla.

REYHAN
(Supportively)
Yes, Emir's return is a blessing for us all.

The family gathers together, masking their individual struggles, yet hopeful for a brighter future ahead.

Then Leyla lovingly moves toward Elif, who's sitting nearby.

LEYLA
(Smiling)
My dear granddaughter, you've returned after fighting a long battle with that evil disease. My strong little princess.

Elif beams with joy, feeling the warmth of her grandmother's love.

LEYLA
(Continuing, looking at Reyhan)
Reyhan, I must tell you, she's just like Emir. Emir was exactly like that in his childhood.

Emir manages a forced smile, trying to connect with the memories he can't recall.

LEYLA
(Playfully)
Emir, you'll see soon enough that Elif will take over the Tarhun legacy.

They all share a heartfelt laugh, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment, despite the complexities they face.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR'S FAMILY HOME - DINING ROOM - NIGHT

The dinner has just concluded, and everyone is sitting around the dining table. Leyla, Emir's mother, turns her attention to him.

LEYLA
(Softly)
You must be tired, my son. I won't ask you about where you've been all these years. You've returned, and that's the most important thing for me. Ever since your father left, there has been a void in my world, and it's finally filled now.

Emir, feeling a mixture of emotions, responds cautiously.

EMIR
(With a gentle smile)
Yes, Mother. Thank you.

Emir then addresses the question that's been on his mind.

EMIR
(Moving the conversation)
May I know where the guest room is?

Leyla is taken aback, puzzled by why her son would ask about the guest room in his own house. Reyhan quickly steps in to provide an explanation.

REYHAN
(Smiling)
Emir, come on, stop joking around.

Elif chimes in, unaware of the tension in the air.

ELIF
(Excitedly)
Baba, you'll stay with Mama in her room!

Emir and Reyhan exchange an awkward look, hiding their true feelings as they navigate this delicate situation.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Reyhan find themselves in their room, and the atmosphere is somewhat awkward. Emir's eyes land on some framed pictures of them together on the dresser.

EMIR
(Reflecting, with a small smile)
These pictures... they show that we were a happy couple.

Reyhan, trying to maintain her composure, suggests a sleeping arrangement.

REYHAN
(Attempting to ease the tension)
Why don't you sleep on the bed, Emir? I can take the couch.

Emir quickly responds, wanting to be considerate.

EMIR
(Insisting)
No, no, Reyhan, it's your house. I mean... I should sleep on the couch. You can have the bed.

Reyhan hesitates for a moment but then relents, understanding that Emir's adjustment to his past life is already challenging enough.

REYHAN
(Softly)
Are you sure?

EMIR
(Nodding)
Yes, absolutely.

The unspoken tension lingers in the room as they settle into their respective sleeping arrangements for the night.

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Reyhan have settled into their sleeping arrangements. Emir lies on the couch, while Reyhan is on the bed. The room is dimly lit, with a soft, uneasy silence hanging in the air.

Emir stares up at the ceiling, lost in thought, while Reyhan tries to find comfort in her bed but struggles to sleep due to the emotional turmoil.

After a while, Emir breaks the silence, his voice filled with uncertainty.

EMIR
(Thoughtfully)
Reyhan, I know there's so much I don't remember, but... I feel like I need to know. About us, about my past.

Reyhan turns to face Emir, her expression conflicted.

REYHAN
(Softly)
Emir, it's not that simple. Your memory loss, it's... it's complicated.

Emir sits up on the couch, a determined look in his eyes.

EMIR
(Resolute)
I need to understand, Reyhan. Please, help me remember. Tell me about us.

Reyhan hesitates, grappling with the decision. Finally, she nods, realizing that Emir's journey to recovery, both physically and mentally, has just begun.

REYHAN
(With determination)
Alright, Emir. I'll tell you everything. But it's a long story, and it won't be easy.

Emir's eyes meet Reyhan's, filled with hope and determination.

They both know that the road ahead won't be easy, but they're willing to face it together, one step at a time.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.