Ep 48: Reyhan's confrontation

INT. KITCHEN - DAY

Reyhan stands at the kitchen counter, focused on her cooking. The sound of sizzling pans and chopping fills the room.

Emir quietly enters the kitchen and slowly approaches Reyhan from behind. He wraps his arms around her waist, making her jump slightly.

EMIR
(whispering)
Umm, I've been missing you so much.

Reyhan blushes, a radiant smile spreading across her face.

REYHAN
(softly)
Emir...

Emir gently moves a strand of Reyhan's hair to the front, revealing the delicate curve of her neck. He leans in and places a tender kiss on her exposed skin. Reyhan's cheeks turn even redder, and she feels a rush of shyness.

EMIR
(whispering)
Are you coming with me, or do I need to take you away from your work?

Reyhan hesitates, torn between her duties and her desire to be with Emir.

REYHAN
(whispering)
I have work to do here.

Emir playfully pouts, then slowly trails more kisses down Reyhan's shoulder, causing her to quiver.

EMIR
(whispering)
Well, I want you and your attention.

Reyhan tries to resist, but Emir's affectionate gestures weaken her resolve.

EMIR
(seductively)
Maybe I should just carry you away, then.

Reyhan finally gives in to Emir's charms, setting aside her tasks as she turns to face him, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

REYHAN
(teasingly)
Alright, Emir, you win. Where are we going?

Emir smiles triumphantly as he takes her hand, leading her away from the kitchen.

INT. STUDY ROOM - DAY

Emir and Reyhan sit in front of the computer, engaged in an interactive virtual meeting with their UK client, MR. ALEX. The meeting progresses, filled with discussions and presentations. Suddenly, MR. ALEX'S DAUGHTER, a mischievous little girl, pops into view on the screen, causing a brief disruption.

MR. ALEX
(chuckles)
Oh, darling, please behave during Daddy's meeting.

Emir's stern professional demeanor softens instantly, and a warm smile graces his face as he leans closer to the camera.

EMIR
(with genuine warmth)
No, no, Mr. Alex, don't say anything to her. She's absolutely adorable! Hello, my dear princess. How are you doing today?

While Emir engages with the little girl, Reyhan, who has been observing, notices his captivating smile and the genuine love he has for children. She can't help but admire this tender side of Emir.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S ROOM - NIGHT

Emir sits at the desk, frustrated, as he tries to balance a complex spreadsheet on his laptop. Reyhan, noticing his irritation, approaches him.

REYHAN
(softly)
Emir, may I help?

Emir sighs in relief and pushes the laptop gently towards her.

EMIR
(smiling)
Of course, Miss Gold Medalist. Show me your magic.

Reyhan takes the laptop and begins to review the data. Despite her efforts, the balance sheet doesn't match, leaving her puzzled.

REYHAN
(concerned)
Emir, there's something wrong with the data. It's not adding up correctly. Who's the person in charge of the expenditure department ?

Emir, looking nervous, hesitates before responding.

EMIR
(nervously)
It's Murat... Murat Polat.

Reyhan's expression changes to a mix of shock and disappointment.

REYHAN
(angry)
You hired him? Seriously? Emir, he's not trustworthy at all!

EMIR
(defensive)
He came to me looking for work, Reyhan. I had no idea he would do something like this.

Reyhan clenches her fists, clearly upset.

REYHAN
(firmly)
You won't say anything to him. Tomorrow, I will come to the office, and I will talk to him myself.

Emir sighs, realizing the gravity of the situation. He nods in agreement, his frustration mixed with regret.

EMIR
(resigned)
Alright, Reyhan. It's your call. Just... be careful when you confront him.

Reyhan looks at Emir with determination.

REYHAN
(assertive)
I will, Emir. Trust me, I know how to handle this.

Emir gives her a reassuring smile, touched by her resolve.

EMIR
(grateful)
Thank you, Reyhan. I appreciate your understanding.

Reyhan returns his smile with a soft one of her own, and they share a moment of silent support.

CUT TO
INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - NEXT MORNING

Reyhan arrives at Emir's office and finds Murat seated at his desk, working on the computer. She takes a deep breath to steady herself and approaches him.

REYHAN
(firmly)
Murat, we need to talk.

Murat looks up, surprised to see Reyhan.

MURAT
(confused)
Reyhan? What are you doing here?

Reyhan doesn't waste any time getting to the point.

REYHAN
(stern)
I've noticed some discrepancies in the expenditure department's data. Emir hired you for this position, and I need an explanation.

Murat's expression shifts from surprise to nervousness.

MURAT
(trying to deflect)
Oh, those must be minor errors. I can fix them.

Reyhan remains unyielding.

REYHAN
(resolute)
Murat, these are not minor errors. I need to know what's going on. Did you manipulate the data?

Murat sighs, realizing he can't evade the truth any longer.

MURAT
(reluctantly)
Yes, Reyhan, I did it. I needed the money for some personal reasons, and I thought I could cover it up later.

Reyhan is disappointed but not surprised by his confession.

REYHAN
(disappointed)
Murat, I can't believe you would do this. Emir trusted you.

Murat hangs his head in shame.

MURAT
(regretful)
I know, Reyhan. I'm really sorry. I'll do whatever it takes to make things right.

Reyhan contemplates their options, torn between family loyalty and her responsibility to the company.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS