Ep 88: Father

Reyhan and Emir arrive at the hospital, both still soaked from the rain. They rush inside, with Reyhan leading the way to Elif's room in the ICU. The atmosphere in the hospital is tense, filled with the beeping of machines and hushed conversations among doctors and nurses.

Reyhan and Emir approach Elif's room and see her through the glass door, hooked up to various monitors and machines. She looks fragile, and it breaks both their hearts to see her in this condition. Reyhan turns to Emir, her eyes filled with worry and sadness.

Reyhan: (voice trembling) Emir, this is our daughter, Elif. She's been fighting a serious illness, and now she needs an operation urgently. We… we need your help.

Emir looks at Elif, conflicted emotions swirling within him. Despite his memory loss, he can sense the gravity of the situation and the undeniable connection between him and Elif. He takes a deep breath, determination in his eyes.

Emir: (softly) Reyhan, I may not remember everything, but I can't turn my back on my own flesh and blood. Tell me what needs to be done. I'll do whatever it takes to help Elif.

Reyhan nods, tears welling up in her eyes. She knows this is a pivotal moment, and that their journey to save Elif's life has only just begun. Together, they enter Elif's room, ready to face the challenges ahead as a united front, for the sake of their daughter.

INT. HOSPITAL - ELIF'S ROOM - NIGHT

DOCTOR
(With relief)
Thank God, Mr. Emir, you're here. We need to run some more tests to determine your compatibility with Elif for the bone marrow transplant.

Emir nods, looking at Elif with a mix of concern and determination.

EMIR
(Resolute)
Of course, Doctor. Whatever it takes to help my daughter.

Doctor motions to a NURSE standing nearby.

DOCTOR
(To the Nurse)
Take Mr. Emir with you. We need to get started immediately.

Emir follows the nurse out of the room, leaving Reyhan alone with Elif. As Emir disappears from her sight, Reyhan watches him, her eyes filled with gratitude and hope.

REYHAN
(Whispering, with tears)
Thank you, God, for sending Emir back to us. Please, let this be the miracle we've been waiting for. I just hope that everything goes smoothly.

CUT TO

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Reyhan anxiously paces the hospital corridor, her thoughts consumed by Emir's situation. Doctor Turner approaches her with a solemn expression.

DOCTOR
(Concerned)
Miss Reyhan?

REYHAN
(Anxious)
Yes, Doctor?

Doctor takes a deep breath before delivering the news.

DOCTOR
(Regretful)
Miss Reyhan, while Mr. Emir is a perfect match for Elif's transplant, there's something you should know. After running some tests, we've discovered that Mr. Emir had been administered high doses of sedatives, leading to his memory loss. These sedatives were given with precision, as if it was a planned action.

Reyhan's eyes widen in shock and disbelief. The revelation hits her like a ton of bricks, leaving her speechless.

REYHAN
(Whispering, in shock)
Planned...

Doctor nods, empathizing with Reyhan's distress.

DOCTOR
(Compassionate)
I'm afraid so, Miss Reyhan. We need to consider the possibility that Emir's memory loss wasn't accidental.

Reyhan's mind races with questions and suspicions, wondering who could have orchestrated such a thing and for what purpose.

CUT TO
INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Emir lies in his hospital bed, a faint smile on his face as Reyhan enters. He greets her warmly, trying to ease the tension that surrounds them.

EMIR
(Smiling)
Reyhan, soon Elif will be fine. I can feel it.

Reyhan musters a forced smile, nodding in agreement.

REYHAN
(Forced smile)
Yes, Emir. She'll be just fine.

Emir senses Reyhan's unease and concern, prompting him to ask if something is bothering her.

EMIR
(Caring)
Is everything alright, Reyhan?

Before Reyhan can respond, Emir's phone rings, startling both of them. Emir looks at his phone and then at Reyhan.

EMIR
(Taking his phone)
It must be Miral. Please, Reyhan, pass me the phone. I don't want her to worry.

Reyhan, heavy with her emotions and suspicions, reluctantly hands him the phone. As she watches Emir speak with Miral, her mind races, forming a grim conclusion.

REYHAN
(Whispering to herself)
It must be Miral... She's behind all of this, manipulating Emir's memory.

Determination hardens in her eyes as Reyhan vows silently to herself.

REYHAN
(Determined)
I won't spare you, Miral, for what you've done.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.