Chapter 55: The Third Day Battles

Start from the beginning

"Competitors step forward! Let the match begin!" Once that was announced and then suddenly Laxus was shoulder charged by Alexei. Then to everyone's surprise Laxus looked like he was getting beaten.

"Oh no!" Mira gasped in shock.

"You gotta be kidding?!" Gajeel uttered with shock.

"Heh?" Both Neos and Mana said feeling confused as to why Laxus is letting his ass kicked by this Alexei's guy.

"What the hell is this?" Laxus asked Alexei as he was watching his illusion self getting beaten by Alexei.

"A type of illusion magic. Although we are standing here and talking, those around us cannot see or hear our real forms. What they see is an illusion of us fighting. Very convincing won't you agree? Not a single person has noticed. The audience is seeing the infamous Laxus completely overwhelmed." Alexei said as the sound of his guild mates telling him to get it together was heard. "It seems your guild holds you in high regard. How do you suppose your guildmates feel, seeing this unfold?"

"Heh, I wouldn't be so sure that no one has noticed." Laxus smirked which caused Alexei to look a little confused, well from his body movements at least.

"Huh?" Alexei then directed his attention to the Fairy Tail Team B gallery but he didn't see anything unusual.

"I think you are severely mistaken here, Laxus." Alexei said looking back to Laxus.

"What's the point in beating me with illusions?" Laxus questioned.

"Indeed. Victory is not our goal. The illusions were supposed to be a distraction for those around us. I can control the course of this match." Alexei said with confidence in his voice. "And as long as I am standing here alone with you or else that would be cheating. After all, this is supposed to be a one-on-one battle."

"Heh, yeah right. Do you really think I can't beat you? Also, what do you mean by controlling the course of the match?" Laxus questioned when suddenly his illusion struck Alexei's illusion sending him flying back. And now Laxus' illusion was throwing a heavy barrage of attacks at illusion Alexei. However, then illusion Alexei gained the upper hand once more. "I see... so that's what you meant."

"My point is that depending on how our negotiations fare, I can allow you to win." Alexei offered.

"Out of the question. Illusions have nothing to do with this. I'm gonna end this by taking the real you out... right here, right now." Laxus said with lightning flickering around him.

Neos raises his right eyepatch showing his demon eye, seeing the magic energy of Laxus, Alexei, and five others all in hiding. "Heh?" He said seeing this, as he turned to Raven Tail gallery, he saw the other four members and it little creature is there but not their magical presence.

"I see." Neos simply replied which caused the other to be confused. Then suddenly members of Raven Tail arrived with Alexei to face the real Laxus, although they were unnoticed by everyone besides Neos, as the Raven Tail members in the gallery were also illusions. Yet both Laxus and Neos looked calm.

"And one more thing. You already know my strength..." Alexei removed his mask and revealed to be Ivan Dreyar. "... foolish son of mine."

"I figured as much... deadbeat dad." Laxus looked unamused by this development.

"Makarov would die before revealing the secret. But you're a different story. Now will you tell me... where the Lumen Histoire is." Ivan smiled wickedly.

"The what?" Laxus questioned.

"You needn't play dumb. Huh? I'm certain Makarov has told you."

"I seriously don't know what you mean."