Different.

JJs POV

If I had it my way none of the news reporters and bystanders would be allowed to be here right now while we wait for Kaila and Tianna to arrive. I mean how can they be allowed to harass two girls who were just locked away in a basement for a month? It's obviously going to overwhelm them. They're coming from a solid white room into a huge loud world, and now they have to walk through a screaming crowd with cameras in their faces.

"This is going to overwhelm them." Pope whispers to the group while we watch Matias' plane land.

I nod, not turning to look at him, "I was just thinking that. We need to try and shield them from the cameras."

"You ready to see our girls?" Rafe squeezes my shoulder, "I know I am."

"Hell yeah man." My heart is beating out of my chest while we walk up to the plane. 

I'm about to see my beautiful Princess. One long excruciating month and now I can have her back in my arms. The crowd goes wild when the plane door opens, the flashing lights of the cameras cause the entire area to light up the dark tarmac. Matias comes down the steps first, Kaila's hand in his while her other hand grips Tianna's. 

He ushers them over to us when we run up to surround them, "Help Tianna, she was shot in the leg."

Rafe's eyes bulge while he trails his gaze down her body, all of us stare at the bandage on her thigh, "Baby."

She keeps her eyes low while slipping under his arm, "I'm fine."

I move to be on Kaila's other side, my hand on her lower back while we start to push through the stupid audience they have, "Come on, Princess, we've got you." 

The crowd erupts louder than they were before when they start to question them. Kaila and Tianna blink rapidly and start to breath heavily while the lights flash in their faces. I can see the panic settling in on their faces while they looks around, this is too much.

"We need to get them out of here, now." I yell to our group, "Kaila's gonna have a seizure."

"Give them space! Back up people!" Sheriff Shoupe screams at the reporters, "NOW!"

We continue to move after his deputies make a path for us, Matias and I both struggle to hold Kaila up now that her body is starting to shake. She feels so much lighter than she used to, that makes my heart sink since she probably didn't get to eat much. 

"We're almost there Princess." I glance over to see Pope and Rafe carrying Tianna. 

Fuck they look weak and different. They look fragile now, but they also have a hard look about their face. The expression someone gets when they've seen things, when they've been through things no one should have to suffer through. Not to mention Kaila's head looks like she might have some swelling going on from a fresh injury, fuck now I feel like throwing up since she had to have taken a pretty hard hit to cause this. 

John B yanks the Twinkie slide door open, we all throw ourselves inside while he hurries off to the drivers seat. It's a tight fit now with everyone here but we managed to squeeze in. 

I try to pull Kaila on my lap but she frantically shakes her head, "Princess?"

"She's about to have a seizure." Tianna reaches over and guides her to the van floor, we all watch her convulse, her eyes stay glued to the ceiling while she lays paralyzed afterwards.

"I'm here, Kaila." I shuffle over to sit next to her while Rafe loves on Tianna, "Hi."

Her eyes find me, a small smile tugs at her lips, making my face light up, "Hi baby."