Germany.

My nightmares were tearing through my mind until I was ripped from my bed and dragged into the filthy interrogation room that I hate dearly. Charlotte looks angry when she storms in, the metal door slams shut behind the guards when they leave, I take note of the fact that she told them to leave for the day, that she would handle things herself, big mistake on her part, now I know I might be able to escape. 

"Your friends are getting close to finding us. Ivan's sources told him they have been digging around Singh's place and then they started asking questions about Andrei. Eventually they will find you here, and we can't have that."

My arms loosely cross over my chest, "So you're going to kill me?"

I mean I kind of expected to die after this, I'm a liability if I leave, I could tell the world what they did and lock them away for life if I wanted to. 

She smiles wickedly, "You seem okay with the idea. I was wanting to use you against your father but Ivan thinks you'll find a way to cross us."

I shrug, "It's just business, it's how it goes sometimes. And I would cross you, ain't no way I'd help y'all."

"Smart girl. I do want to apologize that it has to be me that does it," She pulls my gun from behind her, "Being your mother and all."

"Make it quick." I sarcastically smile at her when she presses the cool metal to my head.

She stares into my eyes for a moment, letting me gather my thoughts on how to avoid dying. Before she can pull the trigger I shove the gun upwards, the shot rings out above my head, making her gasp and stumble backwards after I slip it from her grasp.

Now I'm the one smiling wickedly, "Oh how the tables have turned, mother dearest. Why don't you take a seat." I stand up and aim at her while gesturing to the chair with my free hand, "Go ahead."

"You won't kill me." She sinks down onto the chair, "I'm your mother." 

"I killed my husband for less than what y'all have done to me." She swallows harshly and clings to the chair in fear, "It's just business, no hard feelings."

The sound of the gun ricochets off the walls while blood splatters across my body. This was not how I pictured my day going. Go away guilt, go away, she was going to kill me, it's self defense.

I quietly look out the door, seeing the hallway is empty, prompting me to run to my room, "Baby, lets go."

Tianna jumps up from her bed and smiles, "You killed him?"

I shake my head, a wide smile on my face, "No, Charlotte tried to kill me, so I shot her. But we have to get out of here before they find her."

Her eyes go wide while she gathers some of her personal items, "Holy shit, Kaila. You killed your mom?"

"I know, now lets go!" I grab my journal and our drug stash, clutching them to my chest while holding the gun in my free hand, "Come on, I'm hoping no one's upstairs, Luka said he'd make sure the basement door was unlocked anytime he comes over, hopefully he's here."

We quickly run down the hallway and up the basement stairs, once we reach the door we slow to a walk and crack it open. I don't see anyone so I push my way into the dimly lit kitchen, Tianna clings to my arm while we look around. The house is eerily quiet when we walk through the unfamiliar rooms, it's a large home but not a mansion so we should be able to navigate the floorplan fairly quickly. 

I almost jump out of my skin when someone rounds the corner of the hallway by the staircase, "Luka."

He happily holds our backpacks up, "I found your bags and phone's in my dads office, no one's here right now." He leads us outside, "Go through the trees, follow the deer paths until you get to town, I used to play in the woods as a kid, just don't go off the trails. There's a train station near the big market, take it to Germany and then fly to Barbados or Outer Banks."