Damaged.

Trigger Warning: Suicide thoughts/attempt, medical emergency, breakdown, mentions of kidnapping, death and rape. 

My body feels light while I lay against a scratchy carpeted surface, the smell reminding me of the Twinkie. I must be going home.

"Matias said she protected him from being shot and then killed him, John B. Straight shot to the head bro." JJ quietly tells my brother, "She was sitting there staring at his dead body when we walked in."

"She's going to be messed up from this." John B mutters back. 

"I know." JJ sighs, "And.. and it was like a fucking sex torture room, bro. The videos she deleted... The shit he made her do, man. I'm scared to see how fucked up she's going to be."

"A sex torture room?" John Bs stresses, "What the fuck man."

"Dude, I'm glad you didn't go up there with us. It was hard to see." 

"She didn't deserve this." My brother sniffles, "She took the fall for you guys, she just wanted to help and then she gets fucking tortured for it."

"I know man. Do you know how fucking shitty I feel? She never should have taken the fall. Topper let her knowing she was going to have Maceo bail her out." JJ harshly hit his vape, "Maceo was beating her up when Matias got there, I guess Kaila told him to kill her instead of making her stay with him so he threw her into the wall." 

"What the fuck." John B breathes out. 

"Did you see the look in her eyes?" Rafe whispers, finally joining the conversation, "And how her voice sounded?"

"Yeah man. Scared the hell out of me." JJ whispers back, "She was out of it while looking at Maceo." 

"I should have been there for her." John B cries, "I was running around with Sarah and didn't even worry about where she was, knowing Maceo was still on the island."

"She was with us, we didn't think she was going to get arrested. I didn't know she'd be released so fast or I would have gone up there sooner." JJ moves around, "I figured she'd ask Rafe and Ward for help with bail." 

"I did too," Rafe agrees, "when you texted me what happened I went up there but she was already gone. They didn't tell me who bailed her out, she has some money saved away so I thought maybe she used that. But I'm still pissed at Topper. He lets Kaila basically walk into Maceo's trap, and then pushed John B off Hawks nest. The cokes got to him."

I snap my eyes open, "He pushed you off the tower?"

Everyone whips their heads my way, John B swerves the van which is a bit dramatic, "I, uh, yeah I kissed Sarah and he saw so he pushed me. She was helping me get maps for the gold."

My brows furrow, "How did you not die from a 30 foot drop?"

"I have no idea, all I got was a concussion and a broken wrist." He waves his black cast in the air.

"Cool." My voice still empty, making me cringe internally. 

"How, um.. How do you feel, Princess?" JJ moves closer to my motionless body on the floor.

"Fine." I turn my head, seeing his eyes flickering across my body, a frown on his face. 

The Twinkie slows to a stop and Rafe starts to move around to get out.

"I'll see you in a few days, Kaily. Go get some rest." Rafe leans down and kisses my forehead, frowning when I flinch, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." I move my hand up and pat his cheek, "Thanks for helping look for me."