Hate me.

^ Matias house aesthetic. ^

Trigger Warning: Brief mentions of child loss/death.

Kaila's POV

"Don't baby me, Mati." My mouth opens when he goes to hand feed me a muffin anyways, my eyes roll while I chew the soft food.

"You basically died, Tesoro," He uses his thumb to wipe my lips, "and it was my fault so let me do things for you."

My gaze settles on the depressing scene outside of the windshield of his car, "They're falling apart without me and Bree."

Matias sighs, shifting his own gaze outside, "I know they are, but you have to stay dead for a while. We have to clear your name, and even though John B is.. dead we need to clear his name too without handing Rafe over."

We're parked in the neighbors driveway, they aren't home so we're utilizing the trees as cover so we can watch JJ, Pope and Kie in the backyard of the Chateau. Pope hacked away at the trunk of our beautiful tree for a while, creating a heart shape in the bark, now JJ is burning Sarah, mine and John Bs names into the middle.

P4L.

JJ has been a wreck for the past two weeks, especially after the memorial Ward put together for me and Sarah last week. Matias and I follow him often, making sure he doesn't get into too much trouble, since he's drinking pretty heavily, even when he goes to work. Matias has had to stop him from beating a few Kooks faces in while I sit in the car watching from a distance. I've noticed that JJ doesn't look at Matias the same anymore, it's like he appreciates him now or something. There's no more hatred in those ocean eyes of his, I don't know if it's because he see's Matias is looking out for him now, like he did for me, or if he decided Matias isn't a bad person like Maceo was some of the time.

Whatever it is, it's good to see, I hope it stays that way when I finally 'come back to life', it would be nice to settle back into my life and not have JJ calling one of my best friends my side piece. Though I guess he has reason to think that way, Matias and I always go back for more whenever we can, but things are different now between us, we won't cheat to be together like we've done in the past, we only go for each other when we're single now. We're just two best friends who love to comfort each other.

I guess that makes Matias a bit different than Rafe, since I've never had sex with Rafe, he was my first kiss though, but I don't know if it counts since we were a lot younger and we thought it was the funniest thing ever when we broke apart. We never did anything sexual again, though we were a lot more comfortable with each other after that. I can tell Rafe details about my sex life and body to get advice or vent, he does the same, and its normal for us, there's never any judgment. But we don't crave each other that way or have hidden desires.

But Matias.. my sweet sweet Mati.. there's so much history with him, history that goes back farther than my time with Maceo. Him and I lied about so many things, we never told Maceo the real story, he died not knowing important details to our little affair, which hurts to think about. Maybe he deserved to know, maybe he didn't. I know it's common for the abused to take the blame, especially when the abuser can be narcissistic, but with Maceo, there is some blame to bare on my end, I did hurt him first, but he took things to the extreme instead of doing things like marriage counseling and shit like that, instead he wrecked havoc on my life while also being extremely focused on me. Half of him stayed sweet and loving and the other half wanted to slowly kill me.

JJ looks empty now, so does Pope. And Kie.. she looks almost regretful and she doesn't get close to JJ anymore, she did at first but then one night when we dropped by the Chateau to watch from a distance, Kie ran out of the house upset while JJ was yelling something at her. Deep down I have a feeling that they either started to hook up and he regretted it and she got upset or she tried to get with him and he freaked about it.