Chapter 48: Reason to Get Stronger

Start from the beginning

"I have my reason." Neos said before opening the letter and reading it.

"To Neos, don't you dare lay a hand on my daughter unless you're going to marry her got it!" Neos read out loud and everyone stayed silent for a bit.

"Is that a death threat?" Laxus asks somewhat amused.

"Probably." Neos said before continuing to read. "If you even lay a hand on my dear Cana, I'll run back to Fairy Tail and punch you across the face."

This makes everyone else chuckle as Cana lets out a huge sigh while Neos raises a brow. 

"This old geezer." Cana said face palming herself. "Kya!" She suddenly feel a hand on her butt turning to see it was Neos' hand as he look around.

"Okay so that was a lie, or he's slower than I thought." Neos said before going back to read his letter now with a red handprint on his face. "Let's see. If I-"

"Don't just go back to reading it! If you are gonna touch me, at least make it seem like you actually want to!" Cana cut him off feeling offended by him.

"You actually want me to touch you or something?" He said looking at her.

This just makes her face turn a deep crimson red before she suddenly throws a table at him, now yelling at him to drown down her embarrassment. "I'm not that type of girl!"

More into Gildart's letter which is just warning for Neos to stay away from Cana. Before Gildarts' final wish in their letters to Makarov was that he would lead Fairy Tail back to the top.

"Fine! After this, I won't let anyone else be master now! I'm going to keep going until I die! That's the final thing!" Makarov declared to which everyone let out a chuckle.

Then discussion on how Fairy Tail would become number 1 again occurred, and everyone thought it was going to take a long time until that happens. That is, until Romeo jumped on a table. "I waited seven years! I don't wanna waste any more time, Erza-nee, Neos-nii! There is a way we can shoot right to the top!"

"Ho?" Neos raises a brow now somewhat interested in this.

"Y-You can't mean...?!" Nab questioned as for some reason everyone looked either ashamed or scared.

"No! I decided we wouldn't take part in it!" Macao shouted.

"What is "it", Fourth Master?" Makarov questioned.

"Could you not call me that, Sixth Master?" Macao said.

"Look, it doesn't matter because we are not doing it." Macao said.

"We are doing it! We are! We are! We are!" Romeo argued with his father.

"We're not! We're not! We're not!" Macao argued with his son like a little child. "I absolutely disallow it! We're never taking part in it again!"

"We're back!" Natsu announced as they walked through the door, they didn't manage to find anything from Porlyusica.

"You don't get to decide, dad! You're not master anymore!" Romeo argued.

"I'm speaking as a member of the guild!" Macao argued.

"Enough! How about you stop keeping us out, and just tell us what it is before we decide on anything!" Erza said as everyone froze and looked a little frightened at the fact that she raised her voice and definitely wasn't because Erza was holding Neos' Nine-Lives Blade Work.

"Umm, well you see, it wouldn't matter because you guys missed out on seven years of training, so participating in that is out of the question." Macao said with a calm demeanor.