5.0

I storm through the doors of the PSG office building. I had been on a hunt ever since the phone call I received from Charlene last night.

"What do you mean?" I ask in disbelief, I had already heard that medically I passed all the test, there was no reason they wouldn't be signing me.

"They can't sign you tomorrow." Charlene says, as if that is any explanation to her earlier words.

"Why not? I passed my medical." I say, trying to keep my calm. To not spend too much energy on Charlene, knowing very well she's just the messenger in this case.

"You did, and Barcelona still wants to sign you."

"Why am I not signing a contract tomorrow?"

"PSG pulled out of the deal." Charlene says carefully, and I can feel my blood starting to boil.

"They what?!" I whisper yell, knowing very well that I can't be interrupting Charles' conversation. Anger rising in me as I realise what is going on. It's all about the money. It always is. "It's the fucking money isn't it?" I shout in annoyance, moving my hand through my hair in frustration. "It's always the money."

"Amelie, calm down." I hear Charlene yell, as she's walking after me through the Parisian club headquarters.

"I'll calm down when they keep their end of their promise. Which is written down, making it legally binding. They have to let me make a transfer." I say, anger very evident in my voice.

"You can't go in there, like this." Charlene points out, and I know she's right. But I'm definitely not backing out of this.

"You go in then. Fix this." I say crossing my arms in front of me. "I've got practise anyway."

"You're not going on the pitch."

"What?"

"You're not going on the pitch, you're the leverage in the deal. They don't want to let you go, so they don't get you either." It seems logical. But I'm still standing here in the middle of this hallway all worked up, feeling as if going out on the pitch and hitting a ball would be the only way to get out all this energy and anger. "Go home, call Charles, work out together via FaceTime. He's expecting your call."

"You had planned this already?"

"Just go, Amelie."

***

The apartment feels lonely and too quiet of a place for me to be in such a state in. But I know I can't go out for a run, people would recognise me. Wonder why I am not at the training grounds.

I open my phone, Charles having texted me that he need 10 more minutes to be completely ready to work out. I scroll down Twitter, a place I shouldn't look at, but I do it. My mind spots an article featuring a picture of me and Charles at Barcelona yesterday.

Gasly set to leave Paris Saint Germain?

I press the article against better judgement, curious to see what they've written about me.

Amelie Gasly and boyfriend, and Formula One driver, Charles Leclerc were spotted at the FC Barcelona Training grounds earlier today. The pair arrived quite early this morning, assumedly by private plane, and were quickly escorted into the club's medical facilities. Usually when that happens, a contract is signed within 24 hours.

It comes as a surprise to many, as Gasly has played for PSG for a whole while. Never having played for another team professionally. However, Gasly has hinted at needing a change of scenery every now and than for her mental health. Which is why the club has agreed to let her go to Formula One races every now and then.