1.9

Why do I have such a big mouth.

I sigh to myself, looking at my closet. I have nothing to wear, nothing appropriate for a date.

I don't even think I've been on a date since I broke up with his brother.

Why did I have to challenge him into this being a date. This can't really be happening, can it?

Slightly panicking, as I'm unsure of what to wear, I face time Lila. Her face appearing on my screen almost immediately.

"Hi- oh we're panicking." She says immediately as she scans my face. "Why are we panicking?"

I turn the sound down a bit more, making sure Charles won't hear what I'm talking about. "I've may have found myself having a date and I don't know what to do."

"Wait what? And why the f are you in your Parisian apartment?" Lila wonders, finally taking in my surroundings.

"The whole snowboard fiasco, I had to explain it to the club." I simply say, no mention of her earlier question. "I'm okay though. Only got to pay a fine."

"Good. Now who's the guy? Or girl? I never know with you." She chuckles, I'm definitely straight, although some adventures while clubbing could suggest otherwise.

"Guy, definitely male." I confirm with a small smile, not wanting to show her that I am indeed excited for this date. Even with this little voice on my mind telling me how stupid I am for doing this.

"Okay now spill his name."

"I can't."

"Yes, Amelie. You very much can. Just say it."

I take a deep breath. "I can't. It's wrong on so many levels."

Lila's eyes turn big, as if she is realising who I'm talking about. "Don't tell me it's Arthur again."

I chuckle at her respons, frightened with the fact that she is incredibly close. "I don't have to, it's not Arthur." I say smiling.

"Oh my god." Lila whispers, realization coming over her. "You're in Paris with Charles. Wait is it Charles?" I can feel a blush coming up on my face. "But you hated him before this trip."

"I never hated him. He hated me." I simply say. "Also it was kind of a spur of the moment thing."

Lila shakes her head after this, but is eager to help me figure out an outfit for our date. About thirty minutes later I'm in a forrest green suit with a white blouse, sporting my white sneakers to make it all a bit less formal. I curl my hair, choosing to not go with my usually ponytail or bun. I also apply light make up, not wanting to over do it. Because in all honesty, I'm not sure how serious Charles is taking this.

I quickly nod my goodbyes to Lila, tucking my phone in my small purse before walking into my livingroom.

"Hey," I say softly getting Charles' attention.  He puts his phone in his pocket, turning his attention to me.

"Hey," he says smiling, while I shoot him a matching smile. "You look good." He breaths.

"You clean up nice yourself." I say the smile not leaving my face, although I can feel a small blush creeping upon my face. And I can tell that it makes him slightly uncomfortable too.

Charles clears his throat lightly. "Ready to go?" He asks, and I nod, grabbing my backpack, to be put in the rental car. "If we're taking this date even remotely serious, I'm bringing that bag to the car." He says taking it from me. The two of us supposed to get on the plane after we have dinner.

Charles drives us to a small and probably exclusive restaurant just outside the city. "How'd you find this?" I ask we walk inside.

"Esteban once gave me this as a suggestion for me and Charlotte." He explains, my heart dropping a little with the name of his ex. "We never went here though. I won't take you on a first date somewhere I've already been."