4.8

Leaving Monaco really felt like leaving a safe bubble. A save bubble created by Charles and I. I was under strict supervision from PSG when I returned, but everyone seemed very happy to welcome me back.

Adviced by Jessica, I told my teammates about what had happened. I would need them to make sure I keep on the right track. They were more than happy to listen, and have proven their worth already. Especially when I was struggling to eat on Monday after training.

It wasn't as if I didn't want to eat, I just felt nauseous. So three of my teammates sat me down, together we made a delicious salad. I managed to eat it all. It was a bit of realisation that I like to know what goes into my food. So together with the chef of the club, it has been decided that I'd get to help prepare some of the food. Just to ease a bit of my nerves.

And so when I called Charles that night and told him about that, he was very proud. He told me all was going well in Maranello and he would come to Paris tomorrow night.

The week and a half spend with Charles was amazing, the two of us growing closer and closer while fearing his departure for Baku. I kept the tears away until the Wednesday he really had to leave. A few tears escaping my eyes as we were driving to the airport. Not knowing when we'd be seeing each other again was the most difficult part of it. Knowing very well that he was flying from Baku to Miami to be able to beat the jetlag before the raceweekend started.

Miami was supposed to be followed by Imola, a race Charles was looking forward too. However, the race got cancelled due to heavy rains and floods in the area. That meant that Charles had about a week and a half to focus on his home race. A race I would've loved to attend, just because of how much it means to me.

So imagine my surprise when my coach walked up to me on Thursday, a day before our match. Giving me the go ahead to go and be with Charles for the Saturday and Sunday of that raceweekend.

Which brings me to me dragging my carry-on through the busy Nice airport on Saturday morning. My muscles still slightly sore from last nights game, but I can't let it get to me too much. I am hoping I can get a run in somewhere today, as was requested by my physiotherapist, to relieve my muscles from the remaining tension.

My eyes scan the crowd until they land on Pascale Leclerc, she's standing off to the side a bit. A smile appearing on her face as her eyes lock with mine. "Oh Amelie, Charles is going to be so happy seeing you today."

"You haven't told him, have you?" I wonder following her out to her car.

"No, nothing. He's at the track already, we can drop your bag off and go see him if you want to."

"I'd like that." I tell her as she drives to Monaco.

We're almost entering the principality when Charlene's number flashes on my screen. "I'm sorry Pascale, but I really have to take this." PSG wasn't too pleased with me putting in a transfer request at first. But once I got Jessica to give a written statement on how it would be better for my mental health, as well as my own reasons behind it, they agreed. They did say that their preference would be to complete a transfer as soon as possible, so they'd have plenty of time to find a replacement. Not to forget that the World Cup could shake up the prices of players.

"Hi Charlene," I say curious to know what she has to say.

"Good morning Amelie." She says. "I'll start with telling you I do not have any confirmation on a potential transfer. I do have a reason for my call though."

"Okay, sure, tell me."

"So this might come as a surprise, but I've been notified that you've made it to the preliminary squad for France during the upcoming World Cup."