3.3

Amelie's POV

"You should've rekindled with your brother's friends much earlier. This is giving us so much more spectators." One of my teammates says in passing, I wasn't even sure how to respond. It was true though, it was one of the better watched matches. And it might've been because of the attendance of two Formula One drivers.

I stuff my belongings into the bag, before making my way to one of the skyboxes in which I knew Charles and Max would be. I hadn't expected Charles to be taking Max of all people, but I would try and get the reasoning out of him later. I leave my match shirt over my shoulder, knowing I'd like to give one to Charles. However, he won't be able to wear this so I'll have to make sure he'll get one later. Maybe a French one, if I get added to the squad.

It would be fun to see him wearing a jersey with Gasly on it.

"Hey." I greet the two boys who are watching Penelope explain something about the game. I guess she really liked it.

"Hey." Charles says softly, and I can tell he'd really like to give me some kind of affection, yet the room is filled with people I don't necessarily trust. "You played well."

"Well at least I've got one person thinking that. There was a bunch I could've done better. But it was alright." I grab the shirt from the top of my bag. "Here P, this is for you."

"You can't do that." Max immediately says.

"Yes I can. It's mine, she deserves it for having watched 90 minutes of people running after a ball." I tell him, as I put the shirt over Penelope's head.

"Look Maxie, I'm a footballer now." She says happily before running around the room and showing the shirt to anyone that wants to watch and listen.

"So." Max states as a small silence erupts between us. I've know Max from when he and my brother were teammates, and he always seemed like a fine person. Yet we've never really stayed in contact. "Who of you is going to tell me what is going on, and why the heck I'm here?"

"I would like to know that too. That last part that is." I chime in, resulting in a deep sigh from Charles. "I though Arthur would come with."

"Uhm about that. He's not really talking to me."

"You told him." I point out, knowing that would be the only reason why Arthur would not be talking to Charles right now.

"Told Arthur what. Guys I feel left out." Max chuckles, and I look at Charles who just simply nods. We can trust Max.

"We're dating. Well kind of. We've been on a few dates, and are trying to figure out where to now." I tell him a bright smile appearing on his face.

"So that is why you wouldn't approach that girl." Max points out.

"Pretty much." Charles confirms, before explaining a bit more about Arthur's anger towards him. It turns out that he really wasn't happy with the fact that we had been on a date, Charles cleverly not mentioning that it were multiple dates.

After catching up, the three of them left and I joined my team in going back to the hotel before going back to Paris tomorrow. Once again just before going to bed, I called Charles. His eyes even more sad than they were when they left the stadium.

"Are you okay?" I ask, worry lacing my voice.

"Not really. I just spoke to my mom." Pascal usually was the most caring person ever, but I am scared to hear what she's said to her son.

"Let me guess, she was angry?"

"She wasn't actually. She did feel a bit betrayed, but I guess that's mostly how she feels for Arthur. She told me she was happy for us, if it were to come to more. She also told me she loved having you as her daughter in law, no matter which of her sons you belong to." A small smile appeared on my face, as he recounts the nice words his mother has said. "She did tell me that Arthur was hurting a lot. He was disappointed we didn't tell him right away. She tried to talk to him and tell him that we probably did it with his best interest in mind."

"Your mom is the greatest." I tell him smiling.

"I know," he smiles proudly. "You know, I can't believe we're in the same city and I can't fall asleep next to you."

I sigh deeply, a mischievous smile appearing on my face. "I could always sneak out and come to you."

"Don't, you're already under a loop. I don't want you to get in trouble."

"You could always just come to my hotel. I'm one of the lucky ones with a solo room." I say smiling.

"How much I'd like that, I know that it would get you in trouble. I'm not going to do that." He says, my cheeks burning up a bit at how caring he is. "So when do I get to see you again?"

"I don't know." I open my agenda on my laptop, knowing that we'd really need to choose another date.

"We're launching our car on Valentine's Day. Maybe you could come to Maranello?"

"Is this your way of asking me on another date?" I chuckle.

"Maybe. Would you come?"

"I'll have to talk to my coach, see if I can somehow get out of one of the practice sessions. It would mean me coming early on the 14th and leaving early on the 15th though." I try to make sense of the agenda in front of me. Luckily we're of the 14th, and the kind person our coach is, we've got the morning of the 15th off. Charles doesn't need to know that yet. But I'm sure I can make it to Maranello next week.

"Great! I'm already looking forward to it." Charles says smiling brightly. We continue talking a bit after that. Charles insisting to stay awake with me until the adrenaline of the match wears off.

However the long drive and all activities seemed to have taken his toll on him. As somewhere while watching a movie together he fell asleep. I couldn't really say bye then, so I just stayed on the phone with him.

***
February 13
"I can't come." I say trying to sound as sad as possible, just so that it's convincing Charles.

I had managed to get an okay to leave the country for Valentine's Day, and had gotten Carlos's number via Pierre. He and his girlfriend were very much in on the double date we would have tomorrow night. I know Charles would love to plan out every possible detail, yet I'm not letting him have this day.

"But you promised." He pouts.

"No I told you I had to talk to my coach about it." I point out, secretly happy that we're just calling and no FaceTime as I can actually pack my bag.

"But Carlos had Isa here."

"And Isa is Carlos' girlfriend, I am not yours."

"You could be." Oh this is definitely not the way we're going to do this.

"We're still figuring us out, aren't we?" I point out, not really wanting to give in just yet.

"But if I asked you, what would you say?"

"To being your girlfriend?"

"Exactly that, yes."

"Charles," I whisper softly, really not wanting to answer his question.

"I am so sorry. I'm going way too fast. Don't worry, I never even mentioned it." Charles rambles, once he notices the discomfort his question caused me.

"Don't be Charles, I wouldn't want anything else. My answer would've been yes."

"Good. Then Amelie, would you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

"Yes, definitely yes." I say smiling brightly, and I am certain Charles would be smiling the same way if I could see him.

After that we talk a bit more, the two of us talking about the car launch mostly. Charles being very excited to get back into the car. Ferrari using the car launch as a shakedown as well. I just let him ramble, his excitement very cute.

His excitement rubbing off on me, making it very hard to keep me traveling to Maranello a secret. We also decided that we'd keep people knowing about us to a minimum. That is for the people to whom we'd want to disclose our current relationship status. Definitely keeping it away from the press for as long as possible. Although knowing the two of us that will be rather difficult.

Once we've finally finished our conversation, and my head hits the pillow, I'm washed with this amazing thought.

I am going to visit my boyfriend tomorrow.