5.1

I'm truly sorry that it took me this long to upload. But please prepare for a spicy chapter. I'm trying to work towards the end of this story too. So hopefully not too long now. I'm very busy with work and friends and family so please bear with me as I try to finish this book through irregular updates.

*******

"I'm nervous," I mutter into the group call I had set up with Pierre, Kika, Charles and my parents. The past two weeks had been hectic, I'd been acting as if I was the perfect employee at PSG. All the while Charlene had been trying her best to secure the Barcelona transfer. She's been working around the clock together with the lawyers, almost forcing PSG to transfer me.

At this point PSG really have nothing going for them, and are hoping that I breach my contract in some kind of way.

I'm not planning on giving them that success.

Where they can tell I'm trying my best to stay on my contract so are they, I've been playing everything. And showing them what they're missing. At the rate this is going I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is going to court though. But that's not what I'm nervous about right now. Every moment the French National Team roster will be announced, and I will know if I'll be playing my first ever World Cup.

"It's completely normal, Lie." Kika says, trying to calm me down. I absolutely hate that I'm on my own right now. "I'm nervous when waiting to hear about a job too."

"This is not just a job, Kika." I say simply. Waiting to hear if you'll be representing your country can't be described. "I just, it's my dream I'm waiting to hear about."

"You've had an email yet?" Charles asks, as I can hear the nerves in his voice.

"Not yet." I say, checking my phone as well for any missed calls. "No calls either."

I had heard from some people that they were called yesterday to be informed they were not in the squad. It should've soothed my nerves, however it did anything but that. I needed the certainty of the real announcement. I take a deep breath, watching as the clock itches closer to 12. The time we were told the squad would be announced. The official announcement will follow at one.

"Refresh again." Pierre says, he's been kinda quiet. I blame it on the nerves getting to him as well.

"I will. I will." I mutter, refreshing my email once more and seeing a new email appearing on the top of my mailbox.

Official squad announcement - Women's World Cup France

"I've got it." I say my hands shaking as the nerves build up in my body.

"What does it say?" Charles says the eagerness in his voice audible.

"Let me open it." I say opening the email, reading it out loud as my eyes go over it.

'Dear Amelie,

Being invited for a national team outing is always an honour. The biggest honour, however, is playing a World Cup for your country. It's the biggest stage, the place where winning is the ultimate goal. Being crowned champion of the world.

Selecting twenty-three players to represent our great country is the biggest task a coach could ever face. However as a staff we've come to a select list. The twenty-three players of whom we think will form the best team possible at this point.

We are certain the twenty-three selected players will give it their all, will make their country proud and most of all make themselves proud.

With that being said, we are delighted to inform you that you: