1.4

I wake up the next morning full of energy.

Last day of the year. Finally.

A year in which I have learned a tremendous amount about myself. That I'm definitely stronger than I think I am. And that if you keep fighting for what you're worth, that you'll get there eventually.

Or at least I hope so.

As I change into my work out clothes, I can feel that my body has definitely benefited from the massage it had yesterday. Muscles feeling less tense, knee having much more flexibility. I leave the bedroom, spotting all three boys immediately. This is the first time I've been the last to wake up.

"Morning," I mutter sitting down at the table with the guys. Myself on the side of the table where Charles is also seated.

"How're you feeling?" Charles whispers, while Pierre and Esteban continue whatever conversation they were having. He puts his hand on my knee as he asks, leaning in a little closer to keep his voice as quiet as possible.

I can feel a tingle shooting up my spine at the small gesture. It has been too long since I've had so male attention I guess.

"Yeah, better. Less tight." I whisper back, trying to get my mind into whatever conversation Pierre and Esteban are having. Definitely not wanting to draw any attention to the small conversation happening between me and Charles.

"Why don't you just ask her if you want to know." Pierre eventually mutters, both his and Esteban's face turning my way.

"Ask who what exactly?" I ask, sensing that whatever they were talking about is somehow correlated with me.

"I wanted to know if you're okay with the girls coming over tonight, for new year's." Esteban stammers, giving me the idea that it is definitely not the truth. It is right there in the moment that I decide to let whatever they were talking about go, and change the conversation to the topic Esteban has just introduced. 

"Why should I approve of Kika and Elena coming?" I shrug. 

"Because that would mean that you two," Pierre says pointing at me and Charles. "Are both third wheeling. And while we know you guys made up and everything, I can understand if neither of you feel comfortable in this situation." 

I get where he's coming from, it must be weird to see me and Charles interacting right now. Only a few days ago we were ready to figuratively kill each other. Yet here we are checking in if we're both alright. 

"I think we'll be fine, right Charles?" I say, dragging Charles into the conversation as well. 

"I think so too. As long as the both of you keep the touching to a minimum." Charles says to both Pierre and Esteban. Although I know it's mostly directed at Pierre, as he's horrible at keeping his hands off Kika. Especially when he's had some drinks, and I'm counting on that happening anyway. 

After deciding on the plans for tonight, I fill up my shaker with water and pre-workout. I down the pre-workout, before telling the three boys that I'm going down to the gym for a workout. Pierre and Esteban telling me that they've already done one, while Charles just sits there scrolling through his phone.

I grab a towel and my water bottle from my room, before actually going to the gym. I look around the gym, all the equipment I've stayed away from for the last couple of days staring at me. 

What should I do today. 

"Don't even think about going full out today." Estebans voice sounds from behind me. "We both know you're eager to do every exercise in your mind today. Don't do it. Your body, mostly your muscles, won't benefit from it. We both know it."