Dead End Adventure

Start from the beginning

While everyone talked amongst themselves and Luffy and Usopp where fighting over food, Nami noticed a pirate sitting down at the bar. She saw him place some coins on the table to show to the bar tender. At that moment, the bar tender brought the pirate to the back room, with him being the only one coming back out. She was curious to know what happened to the pirate...

"Doushita, Nami-chan?" Sanji asked, noticing her stares.

She shook her head. "It's nothing, really."

"The guy who walked in just now. Probably a pirate." Zoro stated, leaning back in his chair with his arms folded. "Plus, he had a suspicious exchange with the barkeep. Right?"

Nami tilted her head. "Zoro, you were watching him?"

He shrugged. "More like I caught it out of the corner of my eye. What do you think?"

"Beats me. Something seems to be up."

"What about you, Nami?" Zoro asked her.

She blinked. "What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb." He smiled. "You smelled it, right? The scent of your beloved money."

"What?" Nami asked innocently. "Are you calling me a money-fiend?"

He closed his eyes, still smiling. "Am I wrong?" While they were talking, Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper where fighting over left overs while several small bones flew into Zoro's forehead, ignoring them. Chopper began to yell at the boys for throwing the food everywhere.

Sanji knelt forward defensively. "Why you! What did you say to Nami-san?!"

Nami interrupted him with a wide grin. "You got it! My favorite things are money and tangerines. I'd never pass them by~." She turned her attention to the others. "Luffy, Usopp, Chopper!" They stopped fighting to pay attention to her. "I smell an adventure. This isn't a time to be fighting."

Yukiko shook her head as she saw Luffy's face wound up. At least adventure can get him to stop eating....
--------
Suddenly the crew finds themselves heading down a tunnel that led to a surprising place.

It was a massive secret underground pub. They all shared in awe of the pirate flags around.

"Hey, Hey, Yukiko are you seeing this?" Luffy said taking her hand.

"Oh, I am! It's amazing!" Yukiko said.

"Pachi!"

"There's even a ship hanging from the ceiling!" Chopper said.

"What is this place? There were only a few ships at port when we arrived." Nami said in shock.

"Oi, babe." A pirate called out to Nami. "You come here to bet? The bookmaker's on the top floor."

Nami blinked. "Bookmaker?"

"Huh? You mean you're here to enter the race?"

Her eyes widened. "Race?"

"No way, don't bother! You'll just be wasting your lives doing that."

"Ah yes, so this is the place." Robin said, stepping forward. "It's been a while, so I didn't recall it at first."

"What is it Robin? You were here before?" Yukiko asked.

"I was here once before with the captain of the pirate ship I'd boarded. It's not regular, but they hold a race once every few years." She explained. "Organized by pirates for pirates, the anything-goes Dead End Race."

"By pirates?" Sanji repeated.

"Eh, ex-pirates , to be precise. All the citizens of this town were once pirates."