Naomi was sitting on her bed when her phone started to ring. "Hello."

"James is getting a fair chance" Daniel was not happy about this he knew with his brother not in the running nothing was threatening his throne. That wasn't the case anymore.

"He is?" Naomi smiled this was what she had wanted and she was betting she knew exactly who was behind it.

"Are you smiling?" Daniel asked he didn't get why she was happy about this, it wasn't what they had wanted.

Naomi groaned this was part of the reason she was going behind his back and teaming up with James now. He was acting as if they weren't family. "He is our brother Daniel it's only fair that you both get a chance to prove yourself for the throne."

"Well grandfather called me this morning and told me that he had a change of heart." Which Daniel didn't believe he believed that something else had caused it and he wanted to know what.

"You believe him?" Naomi didn't because she was positive this related to her best friend some how and that she had something to do with it.

"Nope, i believe there is something that he is not telling me. And i want you to figure out what."

"Why do i have to?"

"Because you are his only granddaughter he might tell you over me." Daniel hoped that he did because he wanted to know why this was happening.

"Fine i will try but i won't make any promises. Do not go to hard on him this is a fair fight now." It was only fair that James finally got a chance at something that belonged to him.

"Yeah i just don't like it."

"You don't have to like it this is our brother and we made a deal." Naomi was also mad about the lying he had done about not telling him what had happened over at the house when she wasn't there and what he had heard. "Whoever wins wins and we try to do what mom wanted she wanted all of us to be a family."

"I know." Daniel sighed he hadn't wanted to tell her because he knew how she was going to react and it wasn't going to be good. 

"What do you mean you know?" Naomi was surprised to hear him finally admit it after all this time.

"I heard Grandma and Grandpa talking." Daniel hadn't wanted to say anything because he had rather wished he had never heard it so he could forget that there was probably a chance their mother was going to give it to James.

"About?" Naomi pressed she wanted him to admit what he had heard.

Daniel sighed he really wished that he didn't have anything about it. The less his sister knew after all. "Grandma told Grandpa that mom was going to give the throne to James that she was going to take him back and that she was going to raise all of us together."

"Excuse me?" Now she could yell at him for this. "You were never going to tell me about this. Continue."

"She wanted him to be prepared and that she wanted him to know how to rule the right way." Daniel wasn't even sure James could do that with what had been happening with James as of late. Like their mother would not have approved of the way he had been messing with Chloe.

Naomi didn't get what was so complicated about this especially if it was what their mother had wanted. "If mom's wish was for James to take over-"

"I'm not giving it up." Daniel didn't care he wasn't giving up the throne he had spent years working towards.

"You are an idiot you know that." Naomi didn't get what the big deal about this was. And why he just had to have it. 

"Naomi." Daniel sighed he should have known that his sister wouldn't be ok with this.