Chapter 30

Chloe was in the kitchen helping Maria prep early in the morning having not been able to sleep. It was still early and the rest of the house was still asleep. "Alright want to help me prep the deserts." Maria knew that this time of month was hard for her with the nightmares and if she wanted to help as a distraction she didn't mind it one bit.

"Yeah." She was happy to help in anyway she could this year thanksgiving fell on the 28th this year. The day after her nightmares so she didn't see sleep in the cards. At least not for tonight.

They began making the different mixes and doughs for the desserts preparing to put the cold ones in the fridge when they heard doors open.

They heard a door slam and someone run down the stairs. At that point she was pretty sure that someone was looking for her and that was comfirmed when she heard Adrianna's voice. "I swear she better not have snuck out again." Adrianna walked in followed by Jasmine Aiden and Lorenzo. "She is just- Chloe."

"Hi. Y'all thought i snuck out sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i was just helping Maria cook." Chloe knew that they were definitely going to be checking for her and she was going to get sneakier when she was sneaking out to go train there was no way that she was going to let them catch her.

Jasmine looked over to Maria she didn't trust Chloe, it was sad to say but she was up to something and like her brothers she was good at doing things and not getting caught until she wanted to. "She's been here with you the entire time."

"Maria their paranoid." She knew that they weren't but at the moment she wasn't doing anything and wouldn't start back until school started again. "Don't listen to them i'm a teenager and i'm worse than them apparently."

Jasmine scoffed she didn't trust that she knew that Chloe wasn't naive she knew what she was doing and she knew that she could that she was planning to do something else. She knew that the tattoo was not the end of it. "You got a tattoo sorry if we think we have to keep a closer watch on you."

"I don't want to hear apparently." She knew what Chloe was trying to pull but it wouldn't work for her. She wasn't the Spanish Mafia queen for nothing. "I let you slide with the prank and i know that it doesn't end here. You are up to something."

"You guys talk a lot i didn't try to stab anyone. I didn't almost kill anyone i got ink on my body for my dead mother who i was the last to see alive and you act like i ruined the world." She wasn't an idiot she didn't care if they fell for it or not. She didn't care if they knew that she was going to do something else. They would have to catch her first and she didn't see that happening.

"You're up to something teresa i just don't know what it is. But i know you act to much like us not to be." Lorenzo knew better he had grown up with his brothers and he knew how they could be and knowing that Chloe was a mix of all of them was even worse. It meant that she was going to be better at getting away with everything and not getting caught.

"She couldn't sleep and she offered to help she is making everything go by faster scatter leave the girl alone you all have done worse than anything she is doing." Maria knew that they were worried for Chloe but she also knew that them smothering her wasn't going to do anything. And she could tell that Chloe had no problems with protecting herself.

"Maria." They did not like that she was on Chloe's side about this.

"Leave now unless you have come to help i don't want to hear it. Chloe is helping me to prepare for dinner." She didn't care what her motives for helping was she was while no one else was. And the least they could do was give there sister this holiday before they bombarded her about everything. "Something that you aren't doing so goodbye. After thanksgiving which was by the way one of your mother's favorite holiday you can interrogate her to your heart's desire but right now you can not. It is her first official family holiday give her a break."