"Baby, I would never hurt you." Chris's voice wavered when she said it and for a second she looked up at me, completely lost on what to do. It broke the older woman that Ellie would even think she would hurt her, but the sight of the frightened girl would be something neither one of us would forget.

I took a step forward and stood behind Chris. Ellie's eyes followed my every move. She was wide awake now but it was like she hadn't snapped out of her nightmare just yet and that was when I realized.

She was still dreaming.

Gently I pushed Chris to the side a bit so I could position myself in front of Ellie and grabbed her face in my hands. Ellie started resisting and thrashing around.

"Tobin, what are you doing?!" Chris yelled out alarmed but I ignored my girlfriend and focused on the girl in front of me.

"Ellie, focus on me." I told the young midfielder but she refused. She kept thrashing around and her eyes were everywhere except on me.

"Ellie!" I snapped on her and that seemed to do the trick, I finally had her attention.

"Focus!" Was all I said. Her breathing had obviously picked up so I slowed mine down in hopes she would imitate it and calm down.

I kept eye contact with the girl and even though she was calming down, the clouded look in her eyes told me she still hadn't woken up till her frightened look turned into confusion.

"Why are you holding my face?" Her eyebrows were knitted together in confusion when suddenly she stopped shaking.

She had finally awoken from her nightmare. I let out a sigh of relief and a small smile formed on my lips. Chris however was less than calm. The forward was still sporting that worried look and in a flash she was holding the young midfielder in her arms, pushing me away in the process.

"God. You're okay." She breathed out and mumbled more to herself.

Ellie still had to move, her arms still next to her body.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Ellie finally wrapped her arms loosely around Christen's body, leaning into her more.

"You don't remember." The forward was rather surprised and let go of the hug.

"Remember what?" Ellie asked and looked between me and Christen for answers.

"You had a nightmare." Christen immediately stated not giving me a chance to answer.

"I'm so sorry I woke you guys. It won't happen again." Ellie's frightened look returned. The girl was scared of our reactions and felt guilty that she had woken us.

"Hey, it's fine. Are you okay going back to sleep?" I checked with the girl.

I saw the small hesitation in her eyes but nonetheless the girl agreed to it and told us she'd be fine. Chris and I looked at each other again but the girl kept on reassuring us and layed down with a forced smile, closing her eyes.

Chris wished the girl goodnight and kissed her head. She told her that if there was anything, she could always wake her up. Then I walked my girlfriend to the door.

Before she could actually leave, I grabbed her by the arm. Chris spun around to face me and gave me a confused look. I looked back inside, checking if Ellie was still in her bed and then closed the door a bit.

"This was not the first nightmare she had this week." I elaborated why I stopped her from leaving.

Ellie hadn't been sleeping since she arrived at camp. She thought she was hiding it well but I had noticed and Chris needed to know that.