Chapter 24

Sitara kept her hand on her chest as Ruhanika walked away, sighing with relief

Dev sat on the bed, loosening his tie and placing his wristwatch on the nightstand.

"Would you mind explaining what that was?" She was drawn in by Dev's question. Sitara grinned sheepishly at him.

"Don't try to flatter me by smiling. Do you even realize how terrified I was while you were playing this silly game?" Dev said the obvious since it was the case. When he received Muskan's call, he was so terrified that he fled his job and begged his superior to let him leave two hours before the working hour, while his wife was playing around. Was this some sort of joke?

As soon as Sitara saw Dev's angry gaze, her previously broad smile fell flat. He was perturbed by her actions.

"For that reason, I didn't call you." She muttered, her gaze lowered. She didn't like how her once-sweet Dev had suddenly become so cynical.

"Ha!! See the audacity there? Dev yelled, ripping off his tie, and slammed the door of the closet. Sitara closed her eyes in response to the unexpected noise.

"D-Dev..." Sitara attempted, but Dev silenced her with a single angry glance. She had never before seen Dev this enraged. She wanted to chastise herself for coming up with such a ruse, but she had no other ideas at the time.

"At least, listen to me. I wan-"

"What, Tara? You were becoming bored. So you roped me, Muskan and Ruhanika ji into your con. Are we your entertaining subjects? How absurd!" Dev said, leaving Sitara in a pool of remorse, as he exited the room to take a bath.

That, however, was not her objective. Before she could say anything, the door slammed loudly and abruptly, and Dev walked out.

***

"How dare she lie to me?"

Ruhanika exhaled as she walked into the space. Her rage had reached its pinnacle. Taking her clothes, she decided to take a quick shower because sweat was dripping off her skin and she was disgusted by it.

Just then, the restroom door opened, and Yug came out looking clean and just showered. She went downstairs to take a shower while ignoring him. Her eyes then spotted Ram, Muskan's father, surreptitiously leaving his room.

Then, then, she didn't want to become involved even though she thought it was quite strange. She will most likely remain here for a few more months before leaving on her own terms.

She felt cool as the cold water ran down her body, and her mouth let out a satisfied moan. Upon returning to her room after taking a shower, she was surprised to see Yug relaxing on the swing on the balcony and having a good time. Where was she supposed to sit and relax, then? She cleared her throat to get his attention, but the AirPods he had crammed in his ears were suppressing his hearing senses.