Chapter 11

The next morning

The next morning.

Bhavna had inflated down her cheeks as she sat at the dining table, knowing that her plan to make fun of Sitara was in vain because she accomplished the work flawlessly.

Everyone was having their breakfast quietly. After a long time, there was peace at the dinner table today.

Ruhanika hurriedly descended. She quickly said hello to everyone because she knew she was running behind schedule and made her way to the front entrance. She also needed to hunt for a cab because it takes about 40 minutes to go to school from where she was.

With a tiffin box in her hand, Sitara hurried after her sister. Dev understood when Aruna gave him a glance. After finishing the last morsel, he stood up and left, saying good-by to everyone. Outside, he spotted Ruhanika and Sitara waiting for a vehicle along the main road, but nothing appeared in her line of sight.

"Di, You'll be late on your first day,"

Sitara murmured anxiously as she frantically searched the bustling road to her left and right. It was Monday morning, and it was office hour. As a result, traffic was heavy. Dev stood awkwardly behind them before moving approaching them and rubbing the back of his neck. In an effort to gain their attention, he coughed.

Ruhanika waited for Sitara to pay attention to the man's existence, but her sister was so concerned about her lateness that she failed to acknowledge his presence. Ruhanika gave him a little constrained smile while sighing.

"Yes, Dev ji." It caught Sitara's attention, and she looked back to see her husband shuffling on his steps, staring at them.

"If Ruhanika ji is running behind schedule, I drop her off." He extended an offer. Ruhanika nervously smiled while furiously shaking her head.

"Oh! no. Dev ji. I am good. You may go to work. I'll get any-"

"That's right Di," Sitara exclaimed with a joyful handclap. "He will drop you off, and his office is located in the same general area."

Obtaining approval from his wife, Dev walked over to his garage door while grinning broadly. Ruhanika wasn't blind to his tiny attempts to win over his wife. Dev was astute enough to notice the essential details, and he understood that in order to keep his wife happy, he needed to assist Ruhanika and gain her favor.

Ruhanika poked Sitara after he had gone, asking, "How did you know the way to Dev ji's office uhh!?" with a sly smirk playing on her lips.

Wide-eyed, Sitara was embarrassed at being discovered by her sister. "Vo-vo Muskan told me," she protested. "However, I didn't ask her." In a hurry, she added.

"Ha, ha. Muskan ko to pagal kutte ne kata hai na ki vo bina puche he apne bhaiyo ke work details tumhe batane lage." Sitara reddened as a result of Ruhanika's jab. She gave her younger sister a cheek pinch. She was adorable now. Ruhanika was really happy to hear that Sitara had moved on from her prior romantic follies and was now confident that Dev was the right decision for her. For Sitara, who always acted hastily and hurriedly, he seemed poised and composed, perfect for her.
(Muskan must have been bitten by a mad dog, if not then why she started telling you the work details of his brothers without asking.)