Chapter 5

"Here, take these pleats and tuck them in

"Here, take these pleats and tuck them in."

Sitara followed the instructions like a good pupil under Ruhanika's guidance. She was dejected a short while ago but is now ecstatic.

"At least now the lady Hitler won't glare and taunt me." Sitara grinned triumphantly.

Ruhanika smacked her back reprimanding her, "Don't say like that. She is elder to us."

Sitara's tongue stuck out and her nose twitched in response to her Di's logic. "She may be older, but so what? She still had no right to make fun of us. All of this is new to us."

"So are these for them who are waiting outside for us. Jitna mere aur tumhare liye mushkil hai utna hi unke liye bhi."

Softly explaining, Ruhanika spoke to her. Sitara nodded in understanding of everything. It's not like she didn't realize how delicate the situation seemed and how fragile all of these newly established relationships are. These elders ought to be aware of that as well.

"Who wants unexpected troubles in their household in the name of two new additions?" Ruhanika chimed in.

As she spoke, Sitara flipped her hair back in attitude,"Agar vo musibat itni khubsurat ho to harz hi kya hai. Mai to ek jagah do musibat paal lu."
(If that problem is this beautiful then I don't mind two.)

Ruhanika shook her head negatively and grinned at Sitara's narcissism.

"You're now ready."

Ruhanika attached the loose end of the saree to Sitara's right shoulder and gave a thumbs up. In her final reflection, Sitara grinned at herself. She appeared to be presentable. Except for the crimson hue that proudly rested on her forehead, she continued to look as vibrant and active as she was before. The past 24 hours were the worst day of her life.

Sitara rasped, "Let's go," as she prepared to leave the room. Ruhanika grinned, but her grin faded as soon as Sitara appeared to step out of room.

"Stop right there."

Sitara stopped walking when she heard Ruhanika's anxious voice and turned to face her sister. A grim expression etched across Ruhanika's face as she browsed through her jewelry box. She rushed in the direction of Sitara when she discovered her needed item.

"Tara, Wear these."

Ruhanika forwarded her jhumka (Earrings) matching to her dress.