Chapter 34

When Yug woke up, the bed next to him was unoccupied and the sheets were crisp and undamaged

When Yug woke up, the bed next to him was unoccupied and the sheets were crisp and undamaged. It seemed as though nobody had ever resided there. He breathed.

He was rubbing his face as he sat up, stretched, and got to his feet just as Ruhanika, holding a lunch box, came in. Without even glancing at him, she went to the balcony, got her bag, and headed to school.

He let out a sigh as he glanced at the time. Once his morning routine was over, he headed downstairs, already changed into his professional attire, and had a quick bite to eat before heading to the workplace.

Saying that Yug was a well-liked figure in the office wouldn't be considered a lie. Every lady in the office admired his charisma and demeanor. And his attractive physique as well, since his powerful frame was nicely highlighted by the white, pristine shirt. It also emphasizes his robust, refined torso. There was a WhatsApp group dedicated to his admirers, where they shared all the latest information about him.

As Yug was sitting in his cabin, a girl walked in without knocking. She smiled seductively at him, set the coffee on the table, and left, but not before swaying her hips sensually.

Nevertheless, Yug was ignoring her entirely. Though Yug didn't give a f*** about it because it was a typical occurrence at the office. He keeps his distance from such matters.

After taking off his business coat and draping it over his office chair, he texted his best friend about setting up a time to meet at the club.

***

There was a strong smell of booze in the dimly lighted club.

When Aditya sat at the bar counter, his eyes darted around, looking for his "dear" friend, who was nowhere to be found.

"I mean why in the heck I am even his friend at this moment." Aditya snorted a sarcastic comment to himself.

It had apparently been more than 30 minutes since their scheduled meeting time, but Yug was nowhere to be found.

Aditya was contemplating his destiny as Yug's best friend. Because, except for him, nobody could put up with his outbursts, and he was left on his own at both school and college. He was the savior of that ungrateful friend of his who didn't acknowledge his existence and only remembered him when he was in serious trouble.

"I think I should charge for my opinions and advices. Kyoki iske alawa to uss na-murad ko meri yaad aati  kaha hai." Aditya inhaled sharply and took another swig of his drink.
(Because apart from this, that moron never remember me.)

Despite not wanting to, Aditya sat there; kyoki kambakkht dosti ne rok rakha hai bas. The bartender had been watching Aditya for quite some time. He wondered who this man was waiting for because, despite cursing that person, he did not leave his seat and was still waiting for that person.
(Because the damn friendship has stopped him.)