Chapter 3

"But I got married to her

"But I got married to her."

Dev pointed his finger in Sitara's direction and said. What the hell is going on!? Everybody in the room was taken aback by his statement. 

Sitara's nose grew red with wrath. The whole incident at her home wasn't enough, so why is there still chaos here? What the heck was going on with the confusion?

"What nonsense are you uttering? She is my older sister Ruhanika, and she was meant to wed you, not me. I'm Sitara, who was meant to wed your haughty brother. Again, what was his name?"

She questioned when she couldn't remember Yug's name, but she could bet that his expressionless face and haughty demeanor made her dislike him at first sight.

"I married you. While filling the vermillion, I caught a glimpse of your face. Also, I'm positive it was you."

Dev's expression went from puzzlement to realization. So, even though he was meant to wed Ruhanika, he ultimately wed Sitara, and that too amid chaos.

"I believe he is speaking the truth because I saw stitching marks on my named husband's hand and he was wearing numerous black beaded bracelets, one of which was a Rudraksha.

"It was unquestionably Yug Bhai." Muskan's jaw dropped open and Aruna sat on the chair making a thumping noise.

"Pehle ye asmaan se tapakti hui shaadi aur ab usme bhi ek aur kand ho gya. Kya kismat paayi hai Dev Bhai aapne. Bhagwaan jaane kal Bua kya naya hungama karegi agar unhe iska pataa chala."
(First this surprising marriage, now this mess. You've certainly been lucky, Dev Bhai. God's know what will Bhavna Bua will do tomorrow when she will know about this.)

Muskan interjected. Wasn't this circumstance exactly like what they depict in daily soaps.

"Ghar me bhukamp aayega aur kya."
( It will be disaster.)

Sitara's steps were shaky. She was about to fall when Dev grabbed her arm. Ruhanika hurriedly approached her side.

"Di, kya ye din aur bura ho sakta hai hamare liye."
(Si, can this day turn more worse.)

Dev was sympathetic to them upon hearing this because he already understood the entire drama from beginning to end.

After a brief period of misunderstanding, the truth was revealed. The chosen bride then went to their room. And the living room lights were turned off.

While Muskan took Ruhanika to Yug's room, Sitara followed Dev.

***