Chapter 33

It's been two weeks since they've all returned from their trip

Life has returned to its normal pace, and everyone has resumed their normal routine.

Dev was once again balancing his job with his studies. His exams will start shortly. He has been studying all night long. His sleep time has been cut back, as evidenced by the look on his face. His attractive face was now obscured by a weary appearance and somewhat sunken eyes.

In these trying circumstances, Sitara has shown to be a wonderful support to him. She joined the law firm as well, and she has been reporting to work ever since.

Dev was once more turned flat on her when he first saw her in her formal attire. She looked incredibly domineering and sexy in that formal outfit. He didn't dare to look her in the eyes. What if she had a glimpse of his inner thoughts flowing from his eyes? No! He can't take that chance.

He didn't look at her once all day, and after a few days,? she dragged him into the bed and hurled herself over him, questioning why he was acting in in such a callous way. Dev trembled at his wife's domineering nature, but he bravely brushed it off and explained that he was stressed out about his life.

She unwillingly accepted his justification and switched into her wife mode. Her working hour finishes at 5 p.m., and she arrives home by 5:40, whereupon she prepares a healthy snack for him along with a glass of juice.

Dev was quite appreciative of her. She gradually began to clean the room and wash his clothing because, due to his hectic schedule, he couldn't spare a single second here and there.

During her early days, she washed all of his shirts together, and the rest is history because she stood in the corner of the living room with Bhavna bua frowning and reprimanding her while Aruna sat alongside Bhavna gripping her head and passing Sitara a sympathetic look who was standing there with her head bowed in remorse after nearly destroying her husband's formal clothes.

Later that day, Aruna showed her how to do laundry, and Sitara was never happier to have Aruna as her ally in this home. Sitara stood craning her neck downward anticipating another reprimand when Dev learned of it, but she was taken aback when she overheard a giggle, and when she looked up, she found him grinning.

After so many days, she noticed that he was genuinely joyful and laughing. He slouched on the bed, clutching his stomach, his eyes forming a crescent shape and tears streaming from them as he laughed.

"I thought you were angry with me??" Sitara muttered, nervously staring at her fingers while she sat next to him.

Dev nodded in agreement. He was upset with her because...he was disappointed with her after they returned from their trip because Sitara didn't remember anything from the final night of their trip, which she should have according to Dev's reasoning.