Defending the Honor of Giants

Start from the beginning

Off in the distance a volcano began to erupt.

"Well, time to go..." Dorry said and the group turned to see him get up.

His face was suddenly very tense, and all sense of his kind self was wiped away. That fight he was talking about...it was about to start again.

Yukiko realized the volcano somehow had been the trigger of the fight.

"It became a routine before we realized it." Dorry began to put back on his armor, his shield and and sword all he needed to protect himself. "The eruption of the central volcano is the signal for the duel."

"Why do you continue to fight? It's been a hundred years. You can't possibly hold onto hate for that long. What reason do you have to fight?" Vivi questioned Dorry as he began to go.

"It's nothing like that Vivi. This is a battle for their pride. To back down would be a sin against their warrior ways, their village and God. Its their way of life." Yukiko explained to Vivi, and Dorry nodded, before he burst off. And then there was a loud clashing of metal against metal. It resonated across the land and Luffy fell back in shock.

"Huge duel!" He said as Pachi fell back too and agreed. "Paaaa!"

Yukiko sighed as she and her Pokémon watched.

Their duel rocked the land around them and she could only listen as with their strength they were able to destroy practically everything. And then all she could hear was their laughter resonating through the land.

In the end the duel ended with another draw. Again.

Dorry soon came back carrying barrels of alcohol that his opponent had gotten from the ones on their ship. Dorry was happy to know that Broggy's guests were their nakama Usopp and Nami.

"I guess they did want to explore after all!" Luffy asked.

Vivi asked about the Log pose taking a year, and it was confirmed.

"Do you see the skulls around the island? All of them died before their Log Pose resets, whether hunger, heat, dinosaurs, or by attacking us, a year on this island is more than a human can handle."

This made Vivi upset and Luffy sighs that they need to get going anyway.

"Well, I'll drink to that!" Dorry announce with a happy grin on his face. He was about to drink from the barrel when Fortunato tensed and moved in quick succession, destroying the barrel before it got to Dorry's mouth.

"What was that for little creature? That was good alcohol!"

"Wait. Remember what Sparks said about Fortunato?" Yukiko asked.

Vivi gasped as she realized. "There was an explosive in there?!"

"Yeah, and it's not from our ship. Can only mean one thing. Baroque Works is here." Yukiko said tense.

"Eh? Where?" Luffy looked around as her Pokémon tensed up too.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Dorry asked.

" Someone else is on this island, a group of bounty hunters, that is trying to kill us. They probably did that to have you guys kill us." Vivi explains.

"But that means the others...are also in danger!" Yukiko realized as Luffy slamed his fists together. They were about to shoot off when Dorry stood up.

"Thank you for protecting our duel, little lady! Now we must go and help your friends, and destroy these dishonorable enemies of yours. I am in your debt or saving my life," Dorry said.

"Sure, we have to warn Broggy as he could be in danger too." Yukiko nodded. "Everyone but Atlas, Genesect and Rodan return. I'll get on Genesect. Luffy, you take Rodan. Vivi, stick with Dorry. Dorry, stay with Vivi, she's their main target. Atlas, you help them however you can." The group nodded.