Silo- ette

Three cruisers zoom down the poorly lit road. An arrival clouded in misinformation and not a soul in sight. Their lights flashed over a glossy surface hiding in a dark alleyway, but they were hot on a different trail.

Creeping out of the void, the APC reared its hood on the edge of the road.

Rain banged on the roof, crying over the windshield.

Precise droplets wetted Weiss' leg. She eyed the bullet holes. Their circumference. Blood trickled down from a grazing hit on her nose.

Yang: "They're gone, let's go."

Chase: "No," he answered steadfast.

Yang frowned and head-checked the others. Weiss' gaze had been fixed to her window since shots opened up. Blake was clenching her wrist, a pained scowl framing her face in a sinister manner beneath shadowy clouds.

Ruby rooted through her satchel, preparing a bandage.

She could barely make out Jaune's silhouette, but he wasn't moving.

Yang: "Well, I really don't feel like staying-"

And they pulled onto the street with a fury directed solely at the gas.

The sirens were still audible, yet too distant.

Chase: "We'll get everyone patched up at HQ," he glanced at his watch. "Just gotta fuckin' make it."

The golden HUD once again cleared itself of fog. Jaune lay watching the sky.

Beyond the storm there was a galaxy, a moon and untold wonder. But the path was intruded upon.

His hand seized around his right leg.

He groaned, sluggishly pushing his back up the APC. Another needle of fire and pain blitzed his vitals.

The Knight shut his eyes, and inhaled deeply.

Alas, the need to curse his affliction was replaced with waning strength.

He lifted his hand.

Blood tainted the bandage; crimson liquid dispersed around him by the storm.

However, there was something familiar about this feeling.

The longer he stared, the more detailed a vision he saw. A near invisible tinge of purple haze floated from his wound, like a thin web of smoke.

Fleeting amounts of golden aura seeped back into his body. With what little he held he used to seal the injury.

Fortunately, it was enough. The bleeding ceased, although pain persisted.

He sighed and felt the need to rest... for a very long time.

Days such as these called for peace. Needed it. To drown himself in a world of song while being drowned by the storm.

Not able to hear the thunder or lightning, just the tune of a heavenly melody.

Wandering thoughts ventured far across a mind plain. Travelers standing on uneven ground. Idle musing braving a hike into dangerous woods.

That night Asher had spoken to him on the balcony, which, at the time felt personal and served as a proper introduction, no longer fit the actual mold underneath the Hunter's shell.

Briefly, he entertains the idea that all the training, Asher's cynical, survivalist, borderline absolutist words and teachings steered him towards a dark path.

His head tilted back. A module in his visor activated and pierced the veil over Vacuo.

Stars outlined in gold. Twinkling, dancing.