Step 50: NorthSouth

Happy and willfully ignorant.

Storms above, snow below. Two lights in the deepest, darkest pits of human cruelty.

The happy and ignorant cut into the alley after witnessing the parade of protestors shouting at the heavens.

A cyclist followed them.

The couple smiled and laughed, exchanging loving dialogue to reinforce their affection.

However, the cyclist stopped them.

?: "Know where you're goin'?" He asked, chewing a toothpick to its sharpest.

The two faunus women's glee fell like the increasingly oppressive white hell.

A Cheshire grin matched his ugly features.

He reached into his leather jacket and drew a pistol.

Their eyes widened as he pointed.

A pair of metallic hands wrapped around his neck and twisted. The women flinched in shock at the sickening, wet crunch of snapping bone.

They screamed when the cyclist fell dead, revealing a midnight figure behind him.

Its arms glowed blood red as it looked from the corpse to the couple.

Again, they screamed and ran deeper into the alleyway.

Paying no attention to their fear, he rooted through the cyclist's pockets. A jingle rewarded his search.

He dragged the body into the shadows. His palm lay flat on the corpse's back.

In a moment, the cyclist dissolved into ash inside a swift, yet brilliant Solar flame.

Angry and ignorant. The world ignored it completely.

Asher circled around the brick shop to find a bike, conveniently, without its owner.

A matte black beauty. Gold rimming for the equally dark, pristine tires. If studied long enough, a face of hatred would form from the headlights.

He swung his legs over and kicked in the stand.

Inserting his keys, it growled to life.

An electrifying hybrid of raw power and digital humming. The Hunter revved it twice and swerved onto the street.

The white desert called out.

- - - - -

1

Military bases... nasty business. I've been looking over my shoulder since the beginning. Won't stop now.

Soldiers running about, patrolling the walls, giving us odd stares. Most of it is directed at Winter.

She kept her eyes forward. An officer approached. His posture was strict as hers, but his face couldn't mask sleep lines as well.

He stopped and saluted.

?: "Commander, good to see you."

Winter: "Captain, I see Fort McCormick is in excellent shape. You've done a wonderful job proceeding over it."

?: "Yes, well... we've had a long time to tidy up."