40C. Conversations, Flirting and Cryptic Texts

Start from the beginning

"Rema just left right now and the party is about to end. Could you please come and give a closing speech?" She asked.

"I'm busy Mom and not every party needs a closing speech. Xander or Xavier can do that." I replied her. She should understand that I was not in the mood for a closing speech with everything that had happened.

"Aiden, I know that your Dad must have told you-"

"Mom, we'd talk about this later." I replied, cutting off her speech and hanging up on her.

"Was that your mom?" She asked, playing with the laces of her shoes.

"Nope, it was my girlfriend."

She was confused by my statement at first but later on, she caught on to my sarcasm and the corners of her lips lifted up into a smile.

I stared at her lips for a little while and they were without any lipstick or gloss which I found out to be sexy. Different unholy thoughts filled up my head at that moment and before I could stop myself, I felt the words flying out of my mouth.

"Are you in for a one-night stand, no strings attached?"

The moment those words flew out of my mouth, I felt like curling up into a ball and staying in a hole forever because that was when everyone at the party decided to come out from the party.

Scratch that, that was when Miley and Adanna, the two biggest gossips in the school decided they wanted to pick up something at the pool and with the way they gave me a Bombastic side eye, I knew they heard me.

"We'd pretend like we didn't hear that and just go home-"

"-and please, use protection. Stephanie is too young to be an Aunt."

They both said as the picked their bags and left the poolside. I had almost forgotten that I had a cigarette stick in my hands, not until the ash fell on her joggers.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I apologized, flinging the cigarette away and dusting the ash off her joggers.

"For what exactly? The ash on my joggers or the one night stand?" She asked.

"I didn't mean it that way, Amber. I wasn't thinking-"

"I understand you, Zephan but I won't be an instrument for you to forget your pain," she started. "And moreover, sad sex is sloppy and I don't like it." She added as we both burst out laughing.

"So you've had sloppy sex before, huh?" I teased her, wiggling my brows.

"I won't discuss that with you, Zephan." She said, taking out a cigarette stick from the pack and when she had lighted it, she took a drag.

But to my surprise, she didn't cough or puff out the smoke too early. She took the cigarette like a pro.

"Shocked, are you?" Her voice came out as a whisper.

"You s-smoke?" I asked.

"Not anymore though. I haven't taken this shit in a while." She replied as my phone rang.

I brought out the phone from my pocket and without looking at the caller, I picked up the phone and yelled.

"Mom, I'm busy right now!"

The line was silent for some seconds, I couldn't hear anything except some background noises coming from the other end of the phone and the little sounds Amber made while puffing smoke out of her mouth.

"Zephan, are you too busy for me?" Stephanie asked. Her words came out slowly, like she was just a minute from bursting into tears and I was right because before I could say a word to defend myself, I could hear her sobs from the background.

"Amber, you should go home. I'm sure your friend must be-"

"You are free to go wherever you want, Zephan. I'd go home whenever I want." She replied me with authority, like she was the one who owned my house and she had given me permission to check the house out.

She dropped the cigarette gently on the floor and took off her joggers clothes gently and that was when I saw that she wore a swimsuit. Before I could ask her any question, she jumped into the water.

"Do I need to ask for permission to swim in your pool, Zephan?"

Those words sounded too odd, like they had a different meaning attachment to them. I was about to ask if I could join her in the pool too but then I remembered Stephanie. 

"When next would I see you Amber rose?" I asked her.

"Soon, but not too soon. Now go fast and allow me swim." I nodded my head and ran into the house as quick as possible.

When I got into the living room, I found my Dad spoon feeding Stephanie as my Mom brought all the gifts that Stephanie had received closer to where she sat down.

"Daddy has a big house in Lagos. You should see it because he showed me plenty pictures." She told me, immediately I walked into the house.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you-"

"It's fine. I saw you talking to one fine girl at the pool side but I wanted everyone present as I opened my presents." She replied.

"But you were meant to open them tomorrow, right?" I asked.

"And tomorrow, Dad and Mom might just disappear. I want everyone here as I open them." She said with excitement written all over her face.

She knew nothing.

"I'd always be here for you now, Stephanie because no matter how important anything is, you are more important." She assured her, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"Now, let's start opening your gifts Stephanie!" I told her with a smile on my face. She squealed and picked up a gift and quickly opened it.

Immediate she brought the gift out,  there was a notification sound on my phone and when I took it out, it was a message from the least person I expected.

YOLANDA 💜✨

Zephan, I should have informed you a long time ago but right now, I just have to. My diary has been missing for a long while.

2:21am

And it has a lot of shit about you. Shit is about to hit the fan.
2:21am

This was not good.

Stephanie is so small but she has a whole lot going on in her life. I wish that girl all the happiness in the world, honestly.

And Yolanda's diary is missing. Just like she said, shit is about to hit the fan.

All the things Zephan said here and did here, no be me write am. I just said let me clarify. My twin is the one in charge of writing about Zephan.

And don't smoke guys. You will die!

So, that's that. Till we see in the next chapter.

Gracias ✨