Chapter 13

Third person view

No one could decipher the swirl of emotions going inside Tyler. 'I love you Tyler'. It sounded so pure from his sweet voice. It sounded like the angels singing in the heavens above, almost as if the entire world danced the moment those words slipped from his mouth.

But Tyler knew he doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve these words. Apart from his sister and his only two friends aka Kyle and Noah, no one has ever appreciated his efforts. He isn't used to anyone's caring side, them appreciating him. Since childhood, all he dealt with was being utterly alone. No one to compliment him, no one to say I love you to him. It seemed like a facade. Like an illusion.

It was the same feeling both him and Sophia once experienced. Being alone and unloved, tho Sophia and Kyle had found each other in this darkness.

"L-Luca I..." he couldn't say after that. His voice came out as a mere whisper. Luca was already contemplating his choice of words. Was it too soon? Did he say something wrong?
"T-Tyler did I say something wrong? Why aren't you answering?" He called out with evident worry.

"I'm sorry". That's all he say and lifts Luca off of his lap and proceeds to leave the house, not even bothering to take his laptop, leaving a sad Luca questioning whether was everything between them a mistake or just a short period of happiness?

                                                🥀

Luca was prancing around in the living room. He couldn't get today's conversation out of his mind. Why didn't Tyler say those words back? Does he not love him? He thought he solely belongs to Tyler. Doesn't that kind of possessiveness scream I love you? All these thoughts lingered in his mind when the door bell rang. Opening it revealed Sophia with a bag of food.

"Hey Luca, It was my day off so I made some Italian food. I don't know if it actually tastes good so I wanted to get some feedback". She said with a smile on her face. What a pretty smile he thought.

"Umm yes please I would love to taste it, it's been a while since I ate some homefood". He welcomes her inside and she places the food bag on the dining table. He goes inside the kitchen to bring out the plates and cutlery and places them on the table.

While arranging the food, she asks, "where's brother?"
"U-Umm he left for work?" He answered.
"What work? Today is a national holiday, I agree Tyler is a work addict but he definitely knows the concept of holidays". She says which worries Luca even more. If not work then why did he storm off like that?

"Luca did something happen? Why are you so paranoid right now?" She asks, keeping the fork down. "I-It's just that..." he continues to explain all the events that happened in the morning. Sophia couldn't really say anything. She blamed Tyler for being so stupid but also pitied him.

"Luca....Tyler is very new to the feeling of love. It's a very strong emotion because it's really scary at the same time. I understand him because I was once in his place too, not believing that someone could ever love a messed up person like me".

"B-But Kyle?"
"Kyle was the light to my darkness. He looks ruthless and scary but deep inside he is still the same sunshine I once met. Being a mafia leader was something his fate already sealed for him. It still baffles me that I get to wake up next to him everyday". She softly smiles, reminiscing her life with Kyle.

"Give him some time Luca, he already has a lot on his shoulders. Your safety has to be tripled-
"Wait what? why?" He asks shockingly. "W-Why my safety is increased?"
She sighs, "because Kaito is coming to America". As soon as that sentence left Sophia's mouth, Luca's throat went dry. The world stopped spinning around him. His palms started to shake.