Chapter 17

Luca

Present day

"You ready for your operation sir?" The nurse asks me while getting me ready. I slowly nod my head. What is that thing inside my thigh?
"Okay sir we'll be giving you the anesthesia, take a deep breath". I did and felt the needle prick me. Soon I fell into a deep numbing slumber.

A few hours later, I slowly open my eyes, getting used to the bright hospital lights.
"Aah you're finally awake. Here have some water". My owner says as he hands me a glass of water.
"Thank you sir-
"Stop calling me that. I've made it clear that I'm just a mediator to get you out of that hell". I gulp the water in fear because his voice was definitely rough.
"Then why did you free me? I don't even know you..." I sadly ask.

"It was my job. If I refused then Tyler would've-
"Please don't take his name". My voice filled with sadness.
"Hmm I believe it's because he's Kaito's grand nephew huh? You know it's giving me a lot of deja vu right now". He chuckles a bit.
"H-how?"
"You both remind me of Kyle and Sophia". He says.

Why? How are they related to this?

"You should hear it from them. It's not my place to tell you. But remember that just because he's related to Kaito, doesn't make him a monster at all. He's far from it. He would kill for his loved ones. And trust me

He's going to finish off Kaito in the most gruesome manner".

I shivered at the tone. Tyler did kill for me. Then why didn't he save me? What is going on?!

"Alright, you need to know why that operation was done". He says. "There was a tracking chip inside your thigh, which is the main reason Kaito got you kidnapped in DC. We could've used that to track you but since you were so far from reach, we couldn't catch the signal. Kaito managed it because his men were near DC". My throat went dry on hearing that.

There was a tracking chip inside me all this time?

"But now there's no need to worry, Kaito will never know where you are. And I'm sure he's getting good treatment back in Japan. But I can assure you that all this misery is going to end very very soon. Just hang in there and don't loose your trust in Tyler". He says and leaves the hospital room.

My thoughts went all over the place. Should I trust Tyler or no? Is he coming to take me back?

                                              🥀

Finally, after three weeks of hospitalization, I can go. The mysterious man told me that there's a spare house in which I'll be staying.
"Do you need anything from the market? The furniture is ready and so is the bathroom. You'll only need groceries and your personal items". He said while driving. I was sitting beside him, playing with my fingers. I still didn't ask his name.

"U-Umm may I know your name?" I ask.
"It's Akira Namikaze, I work with Tyler, Kyle and Noah".
"So are you also like a mafia boss?"
"Technically not a boss. I'm more like an under boss. Currently I'm the one handling Vipers in Japan. Kyle still is the main boss".
"Wow...don't you feel like it's a very disturbing job? I-I mean shooting and killing?" He sighs before answering.

"It's our life now. We kill those who deserve to die. But still it doesn't change the fact that we're cold blooded murderers. At times I definitely felt depressed because of this lifestyle but then I remember that it's worth it because I saved one life from being damaged. To be honest all of us had fucked up pasts, we all are indirectly connected to this dark wold and condemned to live in it".

I decided not to ask further. All of them seemed so tired. There's no sign of life in them. They sacrificed their entire youth for this job. It makes me wonder what actually happened to Tyler. Why is he the way he is? Was there someone before me?