Chapter 4

Luca

He left the hospital room leaving me with countless thoughts and emotions. I've only heard of Tyler Matthew from Kaito and it's always how he wants to kill Tyler. I'm literally stuck between this and I just want this to end. First Kaito treating me like a slave and now I have to help his biggest enemy. What kind of sin I had done to deserve this?

Our conversation wasn't doing any good to me. His warm minty breath hitting my face and his hands pinning me, I've never felt like this. Why did it cause my body to heat up?

No. He is an asshole who could've saved me but chose not to. In my eyes he's a fucking monster. But  if I help him then I can also have the opportunity to destroy Kaito for the shit he put me through. It's a win win situation. Plus it's not like I'm getting pulled in some sort of forced marriage? Ugh Luca, your brain needs help.

"Excuse me Luca? Sir has sent these clothes for you. Kindly wear them and let me know when you're done so that I can change your bandages". A nurse comes in with a pair of clothes.

"Umm but these clothes are too big for me...is there any other pair?" I softly ask her, tracing the soft material of the fabric.
"Unfortunately no. But I'm sure it will fit. They are sir's clothes. Sir picked them up so I'm sure he would've kept in mind". She said and started to prepare a new set of bandages.

I sigh and enter the bathroom. Closing and locking it, I keep the clothes on the rack beside the sink. I look at myself in the mirror. It's been so long since I looked like a human being rather than a ragged doll. My scars were still there but most of my injuries have healed. My eyes don't look tired anymore. But they definitely look lifeless. I've gained some weight which doesn't make me look anemic. But why am I feeling so empty then? I'm away from Kaito for the time being, I should be celebrating this short time period of freedom.

Taking a deep breath, I changed into the clothes. I was drowning in the sweatshirt but thankfully the underpants and sweatpants were perfect. So he definitely kept it in mind huh. Unknowingly I snuggle into the soft material. It was so calming. I could smell his cologne on it. It smelled like peppermint and vanilla. It brought me some comfort.

I exit the bathroom and the nurse was waiting to change the dressings. I sat on the bed and lifted my sweatshirt till my chest. She slowly changed everything and I was ready. But mentally was I? Nope.
I open the door and Tyler was standing with his back facing me. He was on his phone.
"I'm ready". I angrily say and he turned around. His gaze pierced through my soul. His eyes were checking me out from top to bottom causing a pink shade to appear on my face. His gaze could make anyone fall on their knees for him.

Luca not now. Don't do this. Remember he's also like them.

"Let's go then". He simply said and I followed him like a puppy. There was a car waiting for us. Not trying to be shady but I honestly expected him to travel in luxurious cars but instead it was a simple taxi.
"Get in". He suddenly said with his deep voice causing me to jump a little. Embarrassed, I quickly hop beside him and the taxi drives to the airport.
The silence was painful. He was staring outside while my eyes were just looking anywhere but him.

"I thought mafia leaders traveled in luxurious cars?" I said, breaking the ice.
"When things become dangerous, we have to keep cover". He turned towards me and I swear I could feel my legs tremble. I immediately broke the eye contact and stared at my thighs instead. How can I keep looking into those intense eyes.
Soon the taxi parked next to a private jet. My haw dropped at the beautiful jet. Just how rich is he?

"Come on we don't have all day now do we?" He said while getting out. I rolled my eyes at him, opening the door of the taxi and getting off. Entering the plane, I found myself a seat next to the window, opposite to Tyler's seat.

"You do realize you can sit next to me. You worried that I'll eat you up?" I could feel him smirking at his sentence.
"No thanks, I can manage by myself here".
"Suit yourself, the turbulence scared a lot of people. Don't tell me I didn't warn you". Ugh who does he think is he.

"Stronzo..." I mumble but loud enough for him to hear.
"What did you say?"
"Nothing, I called you handsome". I fold my arms and wait for the plane to take off. Soon the plane jerked a bit causing me to almost fall. My heart stopped for a second. I could hear a chuckle from the opposite side.

"That's one reason why no one sits on that side. Unless you want your head to burst then be my guest". Ughh this asshole really thinks so high of himself. But I can't afford to break my head. Angrily standing up, I take a seat beside Tyler.

"Not my fault you have such a bad quality Jet. Seriously so much money and such bad quality Mr. Matthew?" It was my time to smirk. But I guess I can never win against him. He suddenly grabbed my chin, making me face him. I let out a gasp at the sudden action.
"Are you testing me darling? The term Bad quality never exists in my world, unless you want me to prove you otherwise". His voice filled with husk and dominance, almost making me whimper.

"No-no..." that's the only word that came out of my mouth. He let go of my chin and proceeded to read like nothing happened. My face was already red. How am I suppose to keep calm like this?

🥀

I opened my eyes, trying to adjust to my surroundings. We finally landed. I let out a yawn and before I could even do anything, I realized that I am literally snuggling next to Tyler. My arms wrapped around him and my face flushed against his built arm.

"Finally you're awake. I didn't know you like hugging people while you sleep". He said which made me even more red. I immediately let go of him and stood up trying to regulate my breathing. He simply got up and dusted his clothes. Before he exited the plane, he came in front of me, more like towering above me and whispered into my ears, "you smell really good darling, I too enjoyed inhaling your scent like how you were constantly snuggling into my neck". He moved his head away from me and started to leave the plane making me even more embarrassed. But I definitely couldn't ignore the butterflies I felt in my stomach when he stood so close to me.

"Ugh!! Sei un tale stronzo Tyler Matthew!!!" I cursed out while pulling my hair. Why why why why.
"You can curse at me when we reach home now get off before the plane takes you somewhere else" he shouted from outside. How did he know that I called him names. Whatever I don't have time for this.

After a long journey, we finally reached his place, more like a palace. This penthouse is so huge. My jaw literally dropped on the floor when I saw it. Currently I'm seated on the couch of the living room, Tyler was busy making phone calls. It was already 9pm. We had our food in the plane itself which was so tasty that I felt like I was in heaven. It had been a long time since I ate something so filling and delicious.

Soon Tyler came to the living room. "Adjust in these clothes for today. Tomorrow I'll send you with someone to the mall so that you get whatever you want. The guest room is over there, the bathroom already has the necessary toiletries. Rest for how much ever time you require then we'll get to work".
He kept a pair of black shorts and a white oversized t-shirt for me to wear.

"How long do I have to stay here?" I ask him.
"The day I kill Kaito is the day you and I go separate ways, at least according to your wish". He states coldly.
"It's not easy to kill him..." I whisper but he heard it anyways. He came close to me and lifted my chin up.

"That shouldn't worry you. Nothing can escape me and nothing is safe with me. His days are coming to an end and you will help me in that". He lowly said, being so close to me again.

"Why are you doing this? You could take anyone's help, then why me?" He thinks before answering lowly, "you're just the key to my revenge nothing else".

"You really trust me that easily? You're not afraid that I'll backstab you or betray you?" I ask him boldly. Even tho I have no such intentions, I still wanted to know.
He chuckled darkly causing goosebumps to appear on my skin.

"If I find out that you backstabbed us, I will kill you with my bare hands darling".