Chapter 10

Luca

I definitely wanted to know why Tyler didn't save me. There has to be a reason why he did what he did.

"Tyler...I need to know why you didn't save me when you had every chance to do. I-I won't be able to sleep properly without knowing....please tell me.."
He sighed. I bet he never dealt with such a situation so overwhelming like this. But I deserve to know the truth.

"Truth to be told, I knew nothing about you. Not even your name or your eye color. All I knew was Kaito had kept someone locked in a special cell. We could've saved you but there were many like you". He says which made me confused. Many like me?

"What do you mean by that?" I ask.
"Meaning you weren't the only one Kaito kept as a pet. He had and still has bought people for his pleasure. There were many attempts made to save them but it all resulted in their deaths. Mainly because of how tight the security was. We knew that if we tried to save you at the time he is in Italy, it wouldn't end well. That's why we were waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike".

I was still processing everything he said. He...he actually waited so long just to save me?
"That opportunity arrived when Kaito left Italy for his dealings and the Italian don came to the same warehouse where you were kept. And the rest you know".

My mind felt foggy. This was all too much to handle.
"You could've killed him anytime then-
"And risk the lives you and of those who were locked up. Absolutely not. I'd rather kill myself than let that happen. I couldn't risk your life".

I didn't even realize that I was crying. How could I think of this man as a monster? He had the opportunity to extract his revenge but kept it aside just for my safety. How could I be so stupid?

"Luca, do you remember a woman entering your chamber and feeding you so that you wouldn't die of starvation?" He suddenly asks and my mind went back to the time where I was only given one meal after each torture session. It was bad to the point where I couldn't even lift a small grain. But one day, a woman came in and fed me. I couldn't see who she was. But to this date, I'm thankful for her.

"Y-yes...do you know her? Can I meet her? I want to thank her for keeping me alive..." I request him.
"She was none other than Sophia". He said and my mind became paralyzed. Sophia was the one who kept me alive?

"Omg...I..." I couldn't even keep my sobs silent as I let them out. Tyler closely held me as I cried, cursing myself for thinking that these people are monsters when in reality, they are the purest humans to ever exist.

"T-tyler I'm s-so sorry...I called you a m-monster and even t-thought that all of y-you are the same..please forgive me.." I begged him. He didn't say anything which scared me. Is he going to abandon me? Will he leave me all alone?

"D-don't leave me please...please keep me with you Tyler..I-I'm so scared of him. D-don't let him take me away". I cried to him.

I felt this sense of safety with him. It feels good to be handled with care.
"But you're not going to like this one Mia Cara". He says with hesitation. "Kaito has warned that he will attack my close ones because I have you in my custody. I highly doubt that he's gonna do that but at the same time, there's a high chance he might even kill-

"NO! P-Please don't..." I cried against his chest. "I-I don't want him n-near us....t-tell him to l-leave me alone".

He sighed and kisses the crown of my head.
"I promise you baby, I will never let him near us".

-

It felt oddly scary. The fact that Kaito has warned Tyler is making me more scared. What is he gonna do? All these thoughts were clouding my mind.