𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐎𝐔𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓- 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃?

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅. The worst years of her entire life were now behind her, and two years had passed since that horrific night at Alastor Clairmont's house. Everything since then had been nearly perfect. Her business was booming, and Celia had finally achieved everything that she had only dreamed about since she was a little girl. And then, when she'd managed to accomplish all of that, she started to work toward a new goal: trying something new. And so she did. For quite some time, she wasn't sure when the inspiration would strike, until one faithful night it did. 

Celia had been up fairly late in bed, waiting for Spencer to get home from a case. She had her sketchbook in her lap and a pencil, and without realizing it, Celia Clairmont had started sketching out a wedding dress. Her wedding dress, to be precise. Then, that became her new purpose. But even after Celia managed to do all of that, she still kept that first design tucked away in a desk drawer, because she knew that one day she'd get to bring that design to life and finally get to wear it. And that day was today. 

The dress was almost identical to the sketch, and it was as though she had taken the dress right out of her head and materialized it. As Celia stood in front of the mirror, smoothing down the fabric, she felt an ache in her chest because it was one of the most important days of her life, and the people who brought her into this world weren't here to see it. Grief was a funny thing, she had learned. It wasn't a linear path, and Celia quickly realized that the pain of losing a parent never really went away. She could try and fill the hole they left, but nothing would ever quite suffice. 

And she was finally learning to be okay with that. 

Still, she found herself wishing that her mother was here to fix her hair and tell her she looked beautiful. And she wished her father was here to walk her down the aisle. But alas, they weren't, so she'd settle for the pieces of them instead. The closest thing Celia had to having her parents here was in the form of material items. She had on her mothers earrings, and the ring that her father had gifted her for graduating from college. When Celia had them on, she could almost pretend that they were here with her. 

"Are you nervous?" Margot asked, handing her a glass of champagne. Celia took a small sip and glanced up at the girl. With Margot in London, Celia had rarely seen her anymore, which was something she wasn't used to.  She missed having her around, but she couldn't have been happier for her. "Kind of," Celia admitted. "What if something goes wrong?"

"It won't," she assured her. Margot had seen to it personally that everything was exactly how they wanted it. Everything was going exactly according to plan, yet Celia still worried. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of her life, and she didn't want these memories to be tainted.  "What if I fall?" Celia asked. Margot raised an eyebrow and shook her head, "Cece, you walk better in heels than anyone I've ever met. You won't fall."

"But-"

"No buts," Margot interjected. Celia chugged the last of her champagne, and Margot was quick to bring over the bottle and top it up. Only then did Celia notice she wasn't drinking anything, and she frowned. "Aren't you having any?" Margot tensed up for a moment, and if she were with anyone but Celia, they may not have noticed it. But Celia knew just about all of Margot's tells after all these years. "You know, come to think of it, I haven't seen you drink at all. While everyone was shit faced at my bachelorette, you were drinking water."

"So? What's wrong with being the DD?" She questioned defensively, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Nothing," Celia relented. "But you also didn't want to go for sushi went we went for dinner. Now, do you have something to tell me, Margot?" Dating a profiler really did have its perks. Sometimes it felt like over the last few years, Celia and Spencer had morphed into practically the same person. Margot's mouth fell open in shock, and she still managed to shake her head, "I don't know what you're talking about," she chuckled nervously. "Today is your special day. You shouldn't be worrying about me."