𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐀𝐍 𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍. She quickly crossed her hotel room, clipping her earring into place as she picked it up. It was nine o'clock on the dot. Spencer was as punctual as ever, apparently. She picked up the phone and answered the call, bringing the cell phone up to her ear.

"Hello?" She held the phone in between her shoulder and her cheek as she leaned close to the mirror to apply a smear of lipstick to her bottom lip

Silence.

"Hello?" Celia repeated once more, only to be met with nothing again. "Who's this?" Frowning, Celia still received no response. She pulled back the phone to see if the person was still on the other line, and they were. She hung up and placed her phone on the counter. It must have been a wrong number or something. How weird.

Celia looped a belt through her pant loops and smoothed down the fabric of her shirt. She hadn't expected to be doing anything casual during her brief stay in DC, and dress pants were about the most casual outfit that she'd packed in her bag. It would have to do. Her curls from yesterday were mostly intact, and she didn't bother touching them up. It was a hassle she didn't want to deal with this morning. While she waited for the call from Spencer, she ran around her hotel room making sure that everything was prepared for her departure this afternoon.

This time, when Celia's phone rang, she recognized the DC area code and picked it up quickly. "Hello?"

"Hi," she heard on the other end of the line. "I'm parked out front. Are you ready?"

"I'll be down in a minute." Celia told him. She grabbed her purse and shrugged her coat on, tossing her blonde locks over her shoulder. She shut her hotel door behind her and made her way toward the elevators, pressing the button to go downstairs. "You're parked out front?"

"Right in front of the doors," he replied. "Okay, see you soon," he mumbled a quick reply, and Celia slid the phone into her purse. She tapped her foot anxiously as she watched the numbers change each time she passed a floor. When the elevator finally made its final stop in the library, she stepped out and made her way toward the front entrance, her heels echoing loudly on the marble flooring. She quietly thanked the man who opened the door for her, and jogged down the steps until she saw the Volvo from last night parked right by the curb. Spencer was leaning against the side of the car with his hands in his pockets, and she beamed when she saw him.

"Hi," she greeted. She wrapped an arm around his neck to give him a quick hug and pulled away. "Hi," he replied. "How are you?"

"I'm good," she replied cooly.

"That's good," he told her, chuckling nervously. "I'm good, too."

"Good," Celia teased, lips quirking up into a smile. "Am I making you nervous?" She cocked her head to the side and looked up at him through wide eyes. His momentary silence and the flush on his neck spoke volumes, and a part of Celia enjoyed the fact that she could make him flustered. It was sort of endearing.

"Get in the car," he replied, avoiding her question entirely. He opened the passenger door, and Celia giggled as she slid into his car once more. "Did your friends get home okay last night?"

"If by okay, you mean completely plastered. Then yes, I'd say they're okay." He cracked a smile and tapped his fingers against the steering wheel as he pulled up to a red light. "Penelope said she had a fun time meeting you," he added quietly.

"Yeah, all of your friends are really nice," she told him quietly, secretly envious of their close-knit relationship. "You're lucky to have friends like them." He nodded slowly, then glanced over at her, "And what about you? I'm sure all your friends were worried while you were gone."