𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆, drawing Celia's attention from the papers in front of her. One of the agents went to go and open the door, and Celia wasn't sure which one it was, and she couldn't care less. It was probably the mailman, or someone else who held no significance to her whatsoever.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me," Celia heard Nate say. "You have got some nerve showing up here, you know that?" Clearly not the mailman then. Celia's curiosity was now piqued, and she rose from the table and slowly approached the door. She could hear muffled voices, and whoever was outside was arguing with Nate, who stood with Morgan at his side. She couldn't see their unexpected house guest, but he clearly wanted to be let inside the house.

"I'm not here to start any troubles, Nathan, I swear," the voice said. She knew that voice.

"She doesn't want to see you, asshole," Nate replied dryly. Celia approached the door, wanting to confirm that her eyes weren't deceiving her. Sure enough, she was right, and there stood William Rutherford on her doorstep. She hadn't seen him in years, and she was hoping she wouldn't have to run into him during her stay here, but clearly she was mistaken.

"Why don't you let her tell me that," Will sneered. He looked past Nate and tried to get a glimpse into the house, and he met Celia's eyes, and his entire face softened. "Hey, Monty. Is there any way we can talk?" Nate turned around just then, like he hadn't realized she'd been listening.

"Why?" She asked him. They hadn't spoken in ages, and she didn't see a point in doing it now. He couldn't take back what he did, and Celia would never forgive him. He did a lot of fucked up things when they were together, but Celia would never, ever forgive him for betraying her family. She could forgive him for taking her virginity like it was some kind of prize, and she could forgive him for using her in order to get closer to her family. It wasn't about her, but the fact that he'd gotten the people she loved involved as well.

"Look, Monty-"

"Celia," she corrected. She wasn't nineteen anymore, and Monty felt a bit too childish for her liking. It reminded her of a time when she was naive enough to think that Will really wanted to be with her.

"Celia," he replied. "I'm not with any kind of ulterior motive, I just need two minutes. That's it."

She opened her mouth, and shut it again. Celia couldn't deny that she was curious to see what he had to say after all this time, but she also had no interest in speaking to him at all. But would two minutes really be that bad? She glanced at her cousin before she nodded, and the shock was clearly evident on his face. Nate must have been expecting her to tell him to fuck off and slam the door in his face. At one point she would have, but Celia didn't have it in her to be angry anymore. But that didn't mean she trusted Will one bit.

"Two minutes," she declared. "And he stays." Celia jutted her chin towards Reid who had come to see what all the yelling was about. Will's return was suspicious, and with her parents killer on the loose, she didn't want to take any chances with him. Celia would never make the mistake of underestimating him again.

"You really think I'd-" He cut himself off mid-sentence when Celia raised her eyebrows. Take it or leave it, she silently told him. He sighed, "Yeah, alright. Can we just talk please?" Celia nodded and made her way outside, where she wrapped her arms around herself. Reid kept a safe distance from them, watching them closely as if to profile their conversation from afar.

"I heard about your parents, Celia," he whispered. "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how hard its been for you, losing them both at the same time like that. And your grandfather, too." She shrugged, not wanting to give him any kind of reaction. Celia wouldn't put it past him to run home to his grandfather and tell him that the Clairmont's were falling apart after the loss. She needed to be careful around him. "I wanted to come to the funeral, but I was out of town. And I didn't know if you'd want me there."