𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒. She peeled open an eye to see the sunlight streaming in through the curtains, and only then realized that she was alone. Spencer must have left some time after Celia had fallen asleep last night, and she frowned as she reached over to grab her cellphone, seeing a new voicemail from him. She unlocked her phone and went to go listen to it.

"Hey, Celia. I'm assuming that you're still asleep, since you were sleeping when I had to leave this morning. I would have woken you, but you looked so peaceful and truthfully I think that you needed the rest. You looked exhausted yesterday. Anyways, I don't want you to think that I just took off on you this morning, because I didn't. If I didn't have a plane to catch, I would have stayed. Morgan's starting to get impatient as I'm leaving this message, so I guess I should go before they take off without me, but I'll call you later, alright? Or you can call me? I'm not entirely sure how this thing works if I'm being honest, but I really just want to hear your voice later. I'm running out of time here so I guess we'll talk later? Or whenever you're free-"

The message cut out just then, and Celia assumed that he exceeded the time limit of the message, and after it was done, she found herself listening to it again. She set her phone on the bed beside her and sighed, glancing at the window that served as a reminder that it was a new day, and she couldn't spend it in bed all day no matter how tempting it may be. She sat up, wincing when she felt a sharp pain where her injuries were, and she swung her legs over the edge of the bed before putting on her slippers and going straight for the kitchen. She was in desperate need of a coffee, and she knew she had a few hours of quiet before Nathan decided to pull himself out of bed. He really wasn't a morning person at all.

She heard quiet footsteps coming down the hallway, and she hummed. "Wow, you're up early-" She spun around and paused when she saw a guilty-looking Margot trying to be quiet as she snuck out of his apartment in last nights clothes. "Coffee?" She offered, not bothering to address the elephant in the room. Her assistant was sleeping with her cousin, and she'd rather not have that image in her head this early in the morning.

"No, uh, that's okay," she answered, avoiding eye contact with Celia. "I should really get going. I'm late for work."

"I don't think your boss would mind," Celia replied, trying her best to diffuse some of the tension between them. Margot didn't know how to act around her since she and Nate started doing whatever it was that the two of them do. Celia was trying her best to communicate that she was okay with it, because it was none of her business.

Margot cracked a small smile at the joke, then hesitated for a moment. "Actually, coffee sounds pretty great right now." Celia smiled at her successful attempt to finally calm Margot down as she poured her a fresh cup of coffee and handed it to her, already knowing that Margot doesn't add anything to it. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," Celia answered honestly, staring into her coffee mug. She shrugged, since she couldn't think of anything else to say to Margot to explain how she was feeling. "I'm probably gonna go back home today," she admitted. Despite how much Celia was dreading returning back to her old apartment, she refused to impose on Nathan any longer than she had to. She had a life to get back to and now that there was no threat to her safety, she could go back home and return to the life she left behind. Next week, she'd go back to work, and everything would go back to normal, the way it was supposed to be.

"I think Nathan's gonna miss you," she told her quietly, taking a sip from her coffee mug. "But he'd die before he admits to anyone that he's lonely here all by himself."