𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀, but at least she was finally allowed to go home. On her birthday, no less. Happy birthday to me, she thought to herself. There was nothing more exciting than spending your birthday recovering from multiple stab wounds. As if Celia needed another reason to hate her birthday. She really could never catch a break.

"Bed rest, Cecilia, I mean it," the nurse firmly stated as she handed over the discharge papers. She reached over to grab them but Margot beat her to the punch and grabbed them for her, handing them to Celia. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes because she knew that this was what the next few weeks of her life were going to look like, with her being babied by everyone around her. Until they caught whoever was responsible for this whole thing, Celia would be stuck with a bunch of helicopter parents.

"She knows," Margot stated with a firm nod. "Right, Cece?" She shot a pointed look to Celia, who nodded with a bright smile. She was already plotting ways to smuggle her laptop into her bed with her so she could get her work done. "We'll be on our way then," she grinned as Celia handed over her signed papers, and Margot pushed her wheelchair toward the exit. Celia was insistent on the fact that she could walk, but Margot kept repeating the words rest and didn't hear a single argument she had before forcefully placing her in a wheelchair.

"Why did they send you to pick me up?" Celia questioned as Margot helped lower her into the passenger's seat of her car. She would have thought that Sebastian would have been the first one in line to come and pick her up from the hospital, but they'd chosen to send Margot instead.

"Your brother had a business call and Nathan was... preoccupied."

Celia raised an eyebrow, "They're going to try and surprise me, aren't they?" Margot's eyes widened and her grip tightened on the steering wheel. "What?" She scoffed as though Celia was being completely ridiculous. "Why on earth would they do that?" Celia raised an eyebrow as if challenging Margot to prove her wrong, but she kept her eyes firmly planted on the road. If they were going to try and surprise Celia, then they really should have sent a better liar to come and pick her up.

"My bad," Celia hummed, crossing her arms over her chest. "I believe you."

One.

Two.

Three.

Four-

"Fine, yes!" Margot blurted out, covering her mouth with her hand the instant that she let it slip. "Your brother's throwing you a birthday party, but I wasn't supposed to tell you about it."

"Ha!" Celia cheered, pointing her finger at Margot accusingly. Celia basically pays Margot to be loyal to her, so she knew that she would slip up at some point. "Now take me anywhere else but there."

"I was told not to listen to you if you said that," she stated calmly, continuing the route to Nathan's apartment. "It's your birthday, and we're going to celebrate."

"Please don't make me," Celia pleaded, putting on her best pout. She had agreed to a party weeks ago when her brother asked her if she wanted one, and she had stupidly agreed before someone had decided to come and try to butcher her. "Why did you let them do this? Don't they know that this is the last thing I want?"

"I told them that," Margot shrugged nonchalantly. "You Clairmont's are a stubborn bunch," she stated as though that was a perfectly reasonable explanation. "There was no point in arguing with them."

Celia tapped her fingers on her thighs, looking out the window for the majority of the ride home. She cracked the window open and breathed in the fresh air, which was refreshing after spending an extended amount of time in a hospital room with a tiny window. As the two of them pulled up in front of Nathanials apartment complex, Margot killed the engine and angled her body to face Celia.