𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝚀𝚄𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙾, 𝚅𝙸𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙰

"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒?" Morgan demanded, flipping through the case files in front of them. Spencer had already skimmed through the entire thing in a matter of seconds, but found himself looking through it again and hoping there was something he missed the first time.

"The local PD didn't think to connect the murders until now," Hotch informed them. It was the fourth murder in two weeks, and the most recent body had been found in none other than Celia's apartment. She called the police immediately, and then phoned Spencer right after they brought her down to the station for questioning. She had an alibi during the supposed time of death, but since she was the one who found the body, she'd been brought in so they could take her statement. The local PD had finally given in and called in the BAU when Celia refused to speak with anyone, or rather speak at all. She hadn't said a thing since they brought her in, and they told Hotch that Celia sat there like a shell of a person, and the only thing that told them she was even there at all was the occasional flinch every time there was a sudden noise.

"That's bullshit," Emily scoffed, shutting the file in front of her. Hotch silently reprimanded her for her choice of words, and she shook her head. "We should have been there the minute they found that second body."

"They didn't connect it back to the first murder in Connecticut until last night," Rossi told them all. "All of the victims were wearing clothes designed by Celia Clairmont, insinuating that the unsub dressed them up in the clothes post-mortem," he explained. "When she discovered the body in her apartment last name, her name was written in the victim's blood on her floors."

"The victimology and MO is enough to suggest the four cases may have been connected," Spencer argued. "Four blonde women brutally mutilated in their homes, bodies positioned in the same way, even down to the clothes they were wearing."

"Three cases," JJ chimed in. "The first murder was in Connecticut, which is out of the NYPD's jurisdiction. They wouldn't have connected the three murders in New York to the one in Connecticut."

"This whole thing feels off," Morgan told them all with a shake of his head. Spencer nodded, silently agreeing with his statement. "The NYPD had their link when Celia went to the police with text messages she'd been receiving from our supposed unsub."

"But they turned her away," Emily added, flipping through the reports. "It wasn't the first time that Celia had reported something like that. There's at least two other incidents here of phone calls and text messages she'd been getting. They told her there was nothing they could do and turned her away." Spencer tried to keep his cool, but it was hard knowing that Celia had tried to warn them that she felt something was wrong, and they accused her of being paranoid. A part of him was hurt that she never thought to tell him that she was having such a hard time, because he would have done anything to help her.

"So she's being stalked?" Emily suggested, raising her eyebrows.

"We don't know that," Hotch declared. "We can't jump to those kinds of conclusions right now."

His response was enough for Spencer to confirm what Hotch already thought. It was what they were all thinking: that Celia Clairmont had a stalker, and was the intended victim of these attacks.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"She hasn't said a word since we brought her in," The lead detective told them, crossing his arms over his chest. "You're wasting your time."

"I'd like a minute with her," Spencer declared. "Alone."

"Suit yourself," the detective muttered, excusing himself from the room. Celia wasn't considered a suspect in the case, since she'd had a solid alibi. She was free to leave whenever she wanted, but she didn't seem to want to move at all. The only sign of movement was the subtle shake of her leg, and the occasional fidgeting of her hands. She was in shock, that much was obvious. Anyone who came home to find their apartment broken in to, and a dead body inside, would be as distraught as her.