𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘

"𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 Sebastian came home drunk and puked all over granddad's couch?" Nathan teased with a smile. As a joke, Nathan had bought them each a pair of matching pyjamas, which both he and Celia were currently wearing. Sebastian flat out refused, and all they got from him was a loosened tie, and his shirt buttoned down with his sleeves rolled up. That was about as "laid back" as Sebastian Clairmont would get. The other two decided to pick their battles rather than argue with him about it.

"I think that was the first and only time I've ever seen him drunk," Celia remarked. For context: Sebastian was seventeen at the time. "I also recall him getting an earful from everyone about it."

"It's because I'm the oldest," he replied, tracing his thumb over the glass of scotch he had in his hands. Only Sebastian Clairmont would bring a two thousand dollar bottle of scotch to a slumber party. "Granddad said it was because I was supposed to be setting an example for the two of you, that I should have known better." His jaw clenched at the memory, and Celia glanced down at the floor with a furrowed brow. She never quite stopped to think that the reason her brother was who he was, had something to do with their grandfather. The expectations were much higher since he was the oldest, and the one who would eventually take over everything when the elders were gone one day.

"Oh, you set a good example all right," Nathan snorted. "But I turned out just fine, didn't I?"

"Fine feels like an overstatement," her brother replied.

"Was that sarcasm I just heard from you, Seb?" Nathan asked, his mouth wide open in shock. "I think that heart of ice is starting to defrost, Sebby." He batted his eyelids cutely and reached out to pinch his cheek, only for Sebastian to dodge him at the last minute.

"If you put your finger in my face again I will break it," Sebastian stated calmly.

"I'm getting the vibe he didn't like that," Nate whispered, leaning in close to Celia. She chuckled, and her brother opened his mouth to say something when they were interrupted, "Nathanial-"

And then every single light in the house went out.

Celia flinched and let out a quiet gasp, blindly reaching over until she felt Nathan sitting directly beside her, and she didn't let go. She didn't like being in the dark, because it left her vulnerable. She liked being aware of her surroundings, and being in control of them, but in the dark she was just forced to stand there, unable to see or do a damn thing.

"It's fine, we probably just blew a fuse," Sebastian started, not sounding worried at all. She heard rustling and then footsteps for a moment before they stopped. "I'm going to go check on the fuse box. Stay here." And then she heard the sound of her brother's footsteps receding out of the living room.

"Get your phone, Cece. We can turn on the flashlights." Good idea. She blindly reached around her, trying to see if she could feel her phone anywhere, and when Celia felt her fingers wrap around it, she sighed in relief as she powered it on, and she frowned. "Hey, do you not have any signal either?" She questioned. It was strange. It's not like they were in the middle of nowhere, so they should have had reception in the house.

"Nothing," he answered. "One of the cell towers in the area is probably down. Once the power comes back on, we should we able to just use the wifi."

I don't like this. She had a terrible feeling in her gut, but she knew that there was nothing to be scared of. It was all just a coincidence. It's not like Celia could voice her concerns, because they all thought she was doing better at managing her anxiety, but really she'd just gotten better at hiding it. Something is wrong.