𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝐀 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐆𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 as she was shoved into the back of a car, a blindfold placed over her eyes to cover them. She blind reached out to try and attack her assailant, but two sets of hands gripped her tightly and held her arms behind her back. "Restrain her," a feminine voice urged, grunting as she struggled to fight Celia's writhing body. 

"I'm trying," another voice insisted- a distinctly female one. "Just shut her up," the driver called from the front, sounding as though she could do a better job than the two of them. When her hands were finally tied behind her back after the two women managed to hold her down long enough, Celia opted to use her legs to blindly kick at them. "This one's a fighter," the first voice grunted. "Get her ankles," she instructed the other, and in a moment, she was completely unable to move. Her screams came out muffled, even with the gag in her mouth, but that didn't stop her from trying. 

She was trying to keep track of the turns they were taking, but she was so focused on fighting her assailants that she had lost track entirely. Rebecca had finally done it. She was going to succeed in her attempts to kill Celia this time, and all she could think about was the fact that she'd talked to her brother this morning, and didn't tell him that she loved him before she hung up. She didn't want to die. But Celia also knew that Rebecca wasn't going to let her get away this time. 

"Don't make this harder than this has to be," the second voice calmly instructed. Celia faltered for a moment. That didn't sound like Rebecca. "If your boyfriend gets us what we want, then maybe we won't have to kill you."

Who the fuck were these girls? 

It wasn't Rebecca coming to finish the job, Celia had figure that much out. So what did they want with her? Leverage?

"What about the kid?" The driver called out from the front seat. "Father's home," the second voice instructed, tapping on something that sounded like a laptop. "He won't fall for it. Best to pick up the other one from school. We'll have to make due without the others."

"And how exactly are you planning on doing that?" The first voice questioned, sounding doubtful of her colleague. "He won't get into a car with a bunch of strangers. His father's an FBI agent, for christ's sake."

"Leave it to me," the second girl responded cooly. The car came to a halting stop, and she felt something cold pressed against the side of her forehead. "You make a single sound, blondie, and I won't hesitate to pull this trigger. Understood?" She made a muffled sound and nodded her head, too paralyzed with fear to even try and scream. Even if they were just bluffing, she wasn't willing to take that chance. She couldn't get herself out of this mess if she was dead. For a few minutes, the car was almost silent, and the two remaining criminals in the car were talking in hushed tones up at the front, while the first one still maintained its grip of the gun held to her hand. She tried peeking out under the blindfold to see where they were, but it was no use. She couldn't feel her cellphone in her pocket, so it was safe to assume that they'd either destroyed it or she'd dropped it when they pulled her into the car. 

The car door opened, and Celia registered two people entering into the car. "Is my daddy coming to get me?" A younger, male voice questioned. He didn't sound any older than around seven or eight years old. "Yeah, kid. Your daddy's coming to get you," the first voice assured him, and Celia was rubbing her wrists raw trying to escape these restraints. They had brought a child into this van. How could these people stoop so low?

"Why is that girl all tied up?"

"We're just playing a fun game, that's all," the second voice assured him. "Do you want to play, too?" The little boy agreed, and then Celia heard the sound of the two girls restraining him, too. Celia registered the sound of the car accelerating, meaning they were most likely merging onto the freeway. Were they taking them out of the city? Somewhere secluded to kill them? "Slow down," the first voice demanded. "The last thing we need is to get pulled over. This would be a pretty difficult predicament to get out of, don't you think? Slow down."