𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄. Celia could tell that he was so immersed in his own thoughts, probably calculating every possible outcome of tonight, including the ones where Celia may not have been as fortunate as she was. Spencer's mind was a labyrinth of thoughts, and he spent so much time trapped in there, yet he could never quite seem to escape. His memory was a vast and intricate web, and Celia considered it to be one of his greatest strengths, yet also one of his most fatal flaws. Her boyfriend had information on almost any topic at the drop of a hat, which also meant that he spent so much time wondering how he could use his intelligence to save everyone else. 

Because despite the fact that Spencer tried to hide from her, Celia could see right through him. Spencer Reid believed that if he could not use his intelligence to save someone other than himself, that he was not worthy of such knowledge at all. 

There was something going on with him, but whatever it was, he was keeping his feelings on the matter under strict lock and key. Celia tried to hide the hint of fear she felt, knowing that Spencer had seen Celia at her absolute lowest, yet she knew so little about him. Celia really tried to not let the doubt plague her mind, but their conversation at the hospital had been on her mind the entire ride back to his place. He said that everyone involved in his job got hurt. 

It didn't take a genius to know that he had lost someone along the way. Celia knew loss when she saw it. She had lost enough people to know when someone was clearly hurting, but the question was who he had lost. She wanted to ask him, she really did, but at the same time, she had no idea if it was even her place to ask such questions. It had only been a few months of dating, but surely they'd been through enough together to be able to have a difficult conversation, right? 

"Are we going to talk about what happened at the hospital?" Celia blurted out, and Spencer tensed for a moment. When he noticed that Celia was watching him, he tried his best to mask it. After all, he was an expert at controlling his emotions, which made it even harder to get a read on him. "No?" She questioned after a moment of silence. "You tried to get me to leave you, and offer no explanation whatsoever. And now you can't even look at me."

When she said that, he finally brought himself to look at her, and she had wanted him to say something. He could have said 'I don't want to talk about it' or 'I'm not ready right now' and Celia would have left the issue alone and not said a word about it.

She watched Spencer as he opened his mouth, but no words came out. For a genius who had so much to say, it was alarming how Celia had managed to render him speechless. She waited for at least five minutes, watching him think of something to say but stopping before he could get the words out. Celia could be patient, but she wasn't going to sit her in silence until he finally decided to say something to her. But she also knew that she wasn't in any position to force him into saying anything. She'd go to bed, and maybe the two of them would talk in the morning. Maybe they wouldn't. 

Either way, Celia was taking a flight home tomorrow afternoon, and she didn't want to leave Spencer knowing that the two of them were stuck in some kind of stalemate, unable to communicate with one another. 

Celia walked into Spencer's bedroom, but he didn't follow her. Perhaps it'd be better if she slept on the couch tonight. Or was it? Celia was unsure of how to breach these kinds of subjects. It had been a while since she had been in a relationship. Most of this was uncharted territory for her. 

She looked through her bag, knowing that she had a phone charger somewhere in there, and as she was doing it, Spencer walked into the room slowly. When his eyes caught the open suitcase on the bed, something unfamiliar flashed across his face, and he spoke for the first time since they came back. "Are you leaving?"