𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘

𝚀𝚄𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙾, 𝚅𝙸𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙰

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆, 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄. He excused himself for a moment and stepped aside to answer it. "Sebastian?"

"Spencer," he told him cooly. Spencer was unsure about the reason for him calling, since he doubted it was to catch up. They may have been friendly with each other, but Sebastian didn't seem like the kind of person to call for the sake of catching up. "Have you spoken to my sister?"

"Last night," Spencer answered. They were on the phone and she hung up after someone showed up at her door. Celia said she'd call back in a few minutes, but she never did, and instead shot him an apologetic text saying that she got caught up in something at work. He had been hoping that she'd call this morning, but he hadn't heard anything from her yet. "Why? What's wrong?"

"She didn't text you?" He questioned. 

"I haven't looked," Spencer admitted. "Hold on." He pulled his phone back from his face and glanced at the unread text message he had from Celia. He frowned. The message indicated that she was going on a retreat that her therapist had recommended for patients suffering from post-traumatic stress. It was a retreat in the countryside, and she'd even sent him the exact location as to where she'd be. "About the retreat?" Spencer asked. 

"It's probably nothing but..."

"You're worried," Spencer filled in. He was trying not to let his mind wander to the worst possible scenario, but this was unlike Celia. She wasn't one to take off for a few days without telling anyone, and she especially wouldn't leave work if she was in the middle of an emergency. 

"It's not like her," Sebastian hesitantly replied. "She hasn't been answering her phone or any of my texts. I just need to know if she said anything to you."

"She didn't," he was quick to assure him. "Look, if you're that worried, I can ask Garcia to track her cellphone?"

"I'd appreciate that." He sounded hesitant, like he wasn't sure how to reply to someone who was willingly helping him. Sebastian Clairmont must have been worried about his sister if he called, and that was enough to solidify Spencer's feeling that something was so incredibly wrong here. "Thank you."

"Of course," Spencer told him. He hung up the phone and slid his phone in his pocket as he made his way to Garcia's bat cave. He knocked twice before he stepped inside, waving at her. "Hi, Garcia."

"What can I do for you today, boy genius?" She questioned, glancing over her shoulder for a brief moment. "I'm kind of busy here."

"You're playing solitaire," Spencer pointed out, glancing at one of the many computer monitors on her desk. She quickly closed the tab and spun around in her chair, smiling brightly at him. "No, I was not," she smiled sweetly, tilting her head to the side. "Now sit," she pointed to the empty chair beside her. "And tell me what you need."

"I need you to track Celia's cellphone for me." Penelope frowned, looking hesitant for a moment. She turned to face him, "Spencer, you can't just ask me to track your girlfriends phone-"

"Her brother asked me to," he cut her off. He wasn't trying to track her down because he didn't trust her. He just needed to know if she was okay so he could get a worried Sebastian Clairmont off his case. "She took off to some therapy retreat. Her brother's worried about her."

"I thought Nathanial Clairmont was the flight risk?" She raised her eyebrow and began typing away furiously on her computer without another word. She pulled up a map and tracked Celia's cellphone to the rural side of New York. "Well, her story checks out," she told him. "Her phone pinged at a treatment facility about an hour ago." Spencer should have felt relief at her words, but he couldn't quite shake the terrible feeling he had. "If it makes you feel better, there's a phone number listed here. We could call and see if she's there?"

Spencer nodded, and dialled the cellphone number displayed on the screen. It rang three times before a woman picked up on the other line. "Hi, I was just wondering if Cecilia Clairmont was there by any chance?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm not able to disclose patient information to anyone other than immediate family," she told him apologetically. "I'm her husband," Spencer replied instantly, knowing that it would get him the information he needed. "She wasn't answering the phone, so I was worried about her."

"We don't have great cell reception out here," she informed him. "We typically discourage the use of cellphones here, but I would be happy to relay a message to her if you'd like?"

"Yes, of course."

"And what did you say her name was again?" Spencer told the woman her name once more, hearing the sound of typing on the other line, and then complete silence. "I'm sorry, would you mind spelling that out for me?" Spencer spelled out every letter for the woman, hearing a hum on the other line. "Are you sure she said she was here? I'm not seeing a Cecilia Clairmont on my list here."

"She's not there?"

"I'm afraid not," she told him apologetically. "Is there anything else I can do for you today?" Spencer said a quick goodbye and hung up the phone. Garcia was looking at him expectantly and he shook his head. "She's not there."

"You don't think-"

"I don't know what I think," Spencer shook his head, running through every possible scenario in his head. Why would Celia's cellphone be there and not her? He didn't like to assume the worst, but considering their circumstances, he couldn't help but think that this wasn't a good thing. He dialled Sebastian's number again, and he picked up immediately after the first ring. "Did you find her?"

"Her cellphone's there but she's not," Spencer told him. Sebastian was silent for a moment, and Spencer pulled his phone back to see if he was still on the phone, and he was. "And what does that mean?" Sebastian asked her. He heard mumbling in the background, and he could only assume that he was talking to Nathan. For the first time ever, Spencer uttered the words, "I'm not sure."

"Should I be worried?" Spencer didn't say anything. He couldn't tell Seb that everything was fine if he didn't believe it himself, but he also wasn't going to tell him that this was something to freak out about. Surely there was a logical reason for all of this. Celia wouldn't just leave randomly and not say anything to anyone. "Hold on," he told him, and Spencer heard more mumbling in the background, this time a distinctly feminine voice that he assumed to be Margot's. "Margot said that she might be able to get a hold of her."

"Let me talk to him-" Spencer heard her demand before she took the phone from Sebastian. "Hi, Spencer. Look, me and Celia have this code with each other. We started it about two years ago when some guy was giving me trouble when I was out by myself. We said that if either of us was ever in danger, we would text each other asking what colour fabrics were approved for the upcoming line. Blue meant that everything was fine, and red meant SOS. Now, I'm not sure if she'll answer, but it's worth a try, right?"

"Did you text her already?"

"About ten minutes ago," she replied. "She usually replies quickly, no later than five minutes." Celia's phone was always ringing, and she had it glued to her hip constantly. God forbid that she ever missed a work call. Even more red flags were going up in Spencer's head. "Hold on, my phone just chimed-" Spencer waited for her to say something else, and there was a sharp intake of breath before Margot told him. "It's her. She just texted me."

"What did she say?"

"She said she approved the red fabrics," Margot said frantically, and Spencer ran a hand through his hair. It wasn't a coincidence for Celia to say that. She knew what Margot meant when she asked that, and she wouldn't lie for the fun of it. For her to say that, it would mean that she needed help. SOS, Margot said it meant. Something was terribly wrong, and Spencer made it his mission right then and there to get to the bottom of it. 

A/N:
this chapter is a short one