𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂. At the sound of the gunshot, people had started screaming, and began to flee from the ballroom. Celia was too afraid to move from her place on the floor, and when she finally tried to stand, she found that she couldn't. People were trampling her dress in an effort to rush out of there before someone got killed. "Celia!" She looked up at her Aunt Isa rushing toward her, holding her dress up as she approached. She held out her hand and Celia took it gratefully, and used it to hoist herself up from the floor. "We have to go, dear. It's not safe here."

"What about-" She looked around the room, desperate to find her brother. 

"Sebastian's in the car, dear," she assured her, gripping her arm tighter. "The agent's are meeting us back at the house. We have to go. Now." Springing into action, Celia followed her aunt outside, where a car was already waiting for them. Celia opened the back door, where her brother was, and she noticed his head slumped forward. 

"What's wrong with him? Is he hurt?" Celia asked hastily. She leaned over and shook him, but he was unresponsive. She turned around to face her Aunt, just as she felt a sharp prick in the side of her neck, rendering her unable to move. "What- What did you do to me?"

"Go to sleep, Cecilia," Aunt Isa whispered from the passenger seat. "We'll talk when you wake up."

She fought the urge to fall asleep, she really did, but whatever they gave her, made sure that Celia had no control over her body. Her eyelids fluttered shut despite the fact that her brain was screaming at her not to. Celia was just tired of fighting all the time. 

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈«

"They're gone," Hotch declared the second the ballroom was clear. They did a sweep of the place, but none of the Clairmont's were anywhere to be found. Spencer felt a twinge of panic. One minute, Celia was on the stage giving her speech, then someone had tried to take her life right there. If she hadn't jumped out of the way when she did, then she wouldn't be alive. If she was even alive. None of them had any idea where they went, or if they were even okay. 

"How did they just vanish?" Emily asked, shaking her head. None of them could understand how they were there one minute, then gone the next. 

"It was a diversion. To get Celia and Sebastian away," Rossi pointed out. "But I thought we had our guy. We didn't profile Will Rutherford to have a partner."

"Maybe we got the wrong guy," Morgan pointed out. 

"Let's say that's true," Emily started. "They had the perfect chance to kill Celia, but they didn't. Why?"

"They wanted to create a panic," JJ suggested. "They weren't meant to kill her. It was a scare tactic to get her out."

"There's security cameras around here, right?" Spencer asked, glancing around the room. Morgan nodded, already pulling out his phone and dialling for Penelope, "Already on it," he told them as he veered away from the group. 

"Is there a chance that they went back to the house?" Emily suggested. Hotch shook his head, "No, I sent officers to check already. No one was there."

"It seems unlikely that Celia or Sebastian would go anywhere with someone they didn't trust. Same with their Aunt and Uncle," Spencer started, the cogs in his brain turning. "It was a diversion, but what if our unsub didn't actually take them. What if they went willingly? Think about it, if they made Celia think her life was in danger, she wouldn't hesitate for a second before listening to them. She'd do what they told her to, because she had a reason to trust them."