𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝚀𝚄𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙲𝙾, 𝚅𝙸𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙽𝙸𝙰

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐈𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆, he'd found all of his teammates gathered around the tv. They all craned their necks to get a glimpse at the news reporter, standing in front of an iron gate, with the headline "Tragedy strikes at Clairmont Estate" floating across the screen.

"What are we looking at?" He asked, taking a sip of his coffee. Penelope held up a hand and shushed him, listening to the reporter as she spoke. "Just this morning, we have received word that Alexander and Thalia Clairmont were found dead in the Clairmont Estate, just a mere two days after the death of Alastor Clairmont, who's death was not being investigated as a homicide until recently. Officer's have not been able to say much about the extent of their death, at the request of discretion from the family, but they were able to tell us that they believe these two deaths were far from coincidental."

The image of the reporter on the screen faded out, and Spencer furrowed. "The Clairmont's," he whispered to himself. "Their family came to America in the 40's and made their fortune in real estate investment. Last year, they were named one of the top ten wealthiest families in the country."

"Are we getting called in on this one?" Derek asked, glancing between both Spencer and Emily. "This case is so high profile, I doubt they'll leave it in the hands of the local PD," Emily replied. She looked to JJ for confirmation and she nodded, "I got the call this morning that they were requesting our assistance. They're both being treated as homicides, but they think the whole family is possibly at risk."

Just then, the tv cut to the Clairmont Estate once more, and this time, it showed a blonde woman coming through the gates, avoiding eye contact with the reporter as she tried to push her way through. "That's Celia Clairmont," Penelope told everyone. Spencer couldn't help but watch as she pushed her way through, eager to get to the car already waiting for her, the car that probably could not make it past the gates with the crowd blocking it.

"How do you know?" Derek asked, furrowing his brows at the blonde.

"She's only like one of my favourite designers ever!" Penelope exclaimed. She pointed to the dark red dress on her body. "This is Celia Clairmont! It cost me an arm and a leg, but I swear it's the best thing I ever purchased."

"It is nice," JJ agreed, admiring the dress with a small smile.

"I see you've all gotten caught up to speed," Hotch joined the group and glanced up at the tv, where they'd now switched to talking about the stock market instead. "We'll have to debrief on the jet. The local PD is asking for assistance as soon as possible, they're in way over their head with this one."

"Anyone else get the feeling that this is gonna be a long one?" Emily asked, and when all of her colleagues nodded and voiced their agreement, she sighed. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"Come on now, Prentiss. You'll just have to reschedule your date." Derek teased her with a knowing grin, which earned him an elbow to the ribs from her. The team made their way to the tarmac, where they all boarded the BAU jet and sat in their usual seats. Hotch handed out the case files that Garcia had printed for them, and they began to debrief on the case before they touched down in Connecticut.

"Three days ago, Alastor Clairmont was found dead in his home, discovered by his maid. He was ninety years old, and before the autopsy was conducted, it was assumed that Alastor had died of a weak heart. When the results of his bloodwork came back, we realized this was not the case."

"He was injected with a lethal dose of morphine," Spencer interjected, already having read the file in its entirety. "If these deaths are indeed connected, then it's plausible the unsub knew that the PD would assume natural causes until the autopsy was complete. It would give our unsub the perfect opportunity to kill Thalia and Alexander Clairmont without raising suspicion."