23.

savannah's pov

just as i was about to fall backwards i heard luke scream in front of me.

i looked over and saw all four of them standing in front of me.

i quickly threw my phone to the side and stood there emotionless.

"why baby? please don't do this. i will help you. let me help you. i didn't know you were this hopeless." luke spoke with tears streaming down his face.

i almost felt bad.

"i-i just cant do this anymore luke. it's too much for me. i haven't been happy in so long. i cant do this anymore." i spoke as i inched closer to the edge.

"please stop moving backwards." michael spoke.

i looked at all their faces.

all of them were crying but calum who had tears in his eyes.

"i'm so sorry." i whispered.

"no, please savannah please." luke begged.

"i love you guys. thank you for showing me what my life could have been. thank you for loving me even though i couldn't love myself. this isn't your fault." i sobbed as tears poured down my face.

"savannah no." calum spoke firmly.

"goodbye." i whispered as i fell backwards.

i felt like i was falling for a while before my body slammed into the water and i felt darkness take over.

this was it for me, i was finally at peace.

luke's pov

"no!" i yelled as i lunged forward to try and grab her.

ashton quickly grabbed my shirt so i didn't fall off myself.

"no, no no." i cried as i crawled to the edge that my baby sister just jumped off.

"no. i- fuck! why." i yelled as i sat on the ledge with tears pouring down my face.

michael quickly came to my side and wrapped his arms around me.

"i've got you. i have you. it's going to be okay." michael whispered as he held me tightly.

i just lost my baby sister.

after a couple moments, ashton spoke up, "i'll stay here with calum and we will handle the police. go home and call your parents."

i nodded emotionlessly and allowed michael to help me to the car.

"we're going to get through this. i promise." michael whispered as he tightly squeezed my hand.

if only i could believe that.

we arrived home and i walked inside and sat on the couch before pulling out my phone and calling my mom's number.

this was going to break her.

"hey baby!" mom spoke in a chirpy voice.

"i-i'm sorry." i sobbed as i clenched the phone tightly in my hand.

"what's wrong honey?" mom spoke slowly.

i put my hand over my mouth to try and prevent myself from chocking out more ugly sobs.

michael quickly sat by my side and gave me a sympathetic look.

"what's wrong luke?" i heard my dad ask.

"i-i can't say it." i stuttered in between gasps.

i looked over at michael and he nodded before taking the phone.

"hello, mr. and mrs. hemmings, im so sorry." michael spoke softly.

"michael? what's wrong? you guys are scaring me. where's savannah?" mom asked in a shaky voice.

"savannah committed suicide this afternoon. im so sorry." michael whispered softly.

after a couple moments, i heard a scream of pure agony as my mom's phone hit the ground.

"no! not my baby. my beautiful girl." mom sobbed through the phone.

i couldn't hold back my own sobs and cried with her while michael held my hand in support.

a couple hours later, calum and ashton came home.

"house meeting." ashton spoke as he motioned for me to sit down.

i slowly sat down and leaned back into the couch.

"i'm so sorry." calum spoke as he tried to hold back his own tears. 

"we're going to be okay. it's going to be hard for a little while, but we're going to be okay. she wouldn't want us to break ourselves apart." ashton spoke calmly.

"i-i know, b-but she's gone. i won't ever see my sister again." i muttered as i wiped tears from my eyes.

"she's always going to be here luke. maybe not physically, but in spirit." ashton explained.

i nodded slowly.

i still cant believe she's gone.

"we have to keep living. we have to keep supporting each other. we have to keep moving." michael agreed as he stood up.

i nodded once again before leaving up the stairs and to my room.

time is what i need.