7.

the flight was incredibly boring.

i sat for the whole flight, not standing up once.

i also binged watch shitty movies that i would never spend the time watching.

finally, the flight landed and i grabbed my bag and walked out of the plane.

i was disappointed to see that the airport looked fairly similar.

i waited for the boys outside and saw a laughing michael and a grouchy calum come off.

"what happened?" i asked.

"a kid asked calum where his hair was." michael spoke between breathes of laughter.

i looked over at calum and saw he had a beanie on.

"well, i can see why he would ask that." i spoke quickly.

"oh fuck off." calum replied as he pulled the beanie off.

eventually we were a group again and headed down to the baggage claim.

i had to go through custom's which were surprisingly faster than australia's.

we walked into the parking garage and entered luke's car before heading to their home.

"i can't believe i'm actually in america." i whispered.

"it's pretty great. when we first came here from australia, it was hard to navigate, but now i know it like the back of my hand." luke chuckled as he sped down the highway.

about 15 minutes later, we entered a gated community and pulled into a giant house.

"i'm not even surprised." i stated as i hopped out of the car.

"wait til you see where you're staying." michael spoke with a smile.

i nodded and followed them inside with my luggage.

"you have a choice, you can either take the guest room down here, or sleep upstairs in one of the rooms. we all stay upstairs, but it's completely up to you." luke spoke.

i was about to respond when i felt my phone buzz and looked down to see colton texting me.

i was about to reply to him when ashton put my phone in my hoodie pocket.

"he doesn't need your attention right now. focus on what luke asked you." ashton replied.

i nodded.

"i would prefer to be upstairs if that's okay." i whispered.

"of course, right this way." luke chuckled as he hauled his suitcase upstairs.

it always surprises me that luke packs more than me.

as we went down the hallway, the boys filed off into their rooms until michael brought me to mine.

"here you go." he replied as he opened the door.

"holy shit." i muttered as i stared at the cute room in front of me.

"glad you like it." michael replied with a smile.

before i could respond, luke came in.

"unpack and freshen up, then come downstairs because we need to talk." he spoke softly before levIng my room.

"it's that bad huh?" i whispered.

"it is. he treats you like shit babe." michael spoke as he left my room.

i quickly grabbed my phone and opened colton's text.

colton: how was the flight baby? i hope you didn't miss me that much.

me: i missed you a lot. it was boring.

colton: it wouldn't be boring if i was there.

me: you're right baby.

i slowly put my phone down and began to unpack my clothes.

i hopped into the shower and changed into a different set of sweats and a hoodie before heading downstairs.

to my surprise, all of the boys were down there waiting for me.

"i thought you said you and i had to talk." i spoke softly.

"i did. now sit." luke replied as he pointed to the chair.

i sat down and stared up at them waiting for someone to talk.

"so, we know this is all new for you and it's going to be difficult to adjust, but we want to lay down some simple rules. please don't leave the house without telling one of us where you're going, don't throw parties without letting us know, and know that you can talk to us no matter what time of day it is." luke started.

"cool, i know that's not what you actually want to talk about." i replied.

"you're right. i want to talk about you and colton. we all do." luke spoke.

"there's nothing to talk about. he's my boyfriend and we love each other." i spoke with a glare.

"a boyfriend doesn't treat his girlfriend like that. he treats you like you're a piece of shit compared to him. a speck of dust on his shirt." calum spoke.

"he doesn't. he loves me." i replied.

"see? you're doing it again. you know it's something bad when you're having to almost couch yourself into believing that." ashton pointed out.

"why can't you just stay the hell out of it!" i snapped as i stood up.

"sit down." luke replied.

"no! tell me." i yelled.

"because he's fucking hurting you!" luke yelled back.

"who are you to accuse him of that?" i replied.

"i- "sit, let's calm down. mate, you're arguing with a wall right now. she's not going to break." michael spoke making sure i heard his every word.

he was right.

i was like a wall.

and i wasn't going to let them separate colton and i.