18 - THEM

1 month later

                                       It has been one since the incident. Things are going smoothly for them. For them weekends are for them to get to know each other. Anjali has been doing modeling to set her foot in this new industry. And yes, it is going very well for her. As she is already a professional model, she didn't have that much difficulty in adjusting here. In these one month their parents has also been communicating more resulting in making their bond strong.

                                       Today their parents decided to meet for some discussion regarding their future. They wanted to know if they are willing to get engaged. Anjali's family came to Abhimaan's house this time. They called both of them. 

                                     Abhimaan's father cleared his throat earning all other's attention. " Ahem, we wanted to know what you are both plans." he said.

                                   Anjali and Abhimaan looked at each other and subtly nodded. "We are ready to get engaged now. but for marriage we need some more time." Said Anjali.

                                  "One of the reasons is she just started her career here, so we want some more time for marriage. " Abhimaan added.

                                Satisfied in both of their decision their parents smiled at each other.

                              " Okay, so can we book venue for your engagement and also fix an engagement date." Asked Abhimaan's mother. Both of them nodded immediately.

                           " You know I will select the quickest date." Said his mother. Confused Anjali's mother asks her why. She quickly replies " Because you after seeing you he is in his own world. And I think he also want the engagement to be quick so that he can marry you." 

                        Hearing this both of them blushed but he was more flushed than her.  Then they started to discuss about the venue, food, garments etc. It was lunch time, so Anjali and her family had their food at his house itself. Next day itself they left to get the dates for the engagement. Both Anjali and Abhimaan didn't go with them. Anjali decided to catch up with her as she had tiring shoot previous days. It has been 10.30 am yet she didn't wake up from her sleep. Asking her parents' permission Abhimaan decided to surprise her. Unlocking the door, he quietly enters the house. Slowly he moved to her room without making any sound.

                      As he neared to her room, he heard some murmuring. There Anjali was sweating, trembling, and was murmuring something. Seeing this he panicked as he has never seen her like that before. From the first-time meeting here till now, he has never seen here like this. She was always positive. When he needed a shoulder to lean on, she was there for him.

                  He called her name. He tapped her cheeks. She wasn't budging. Fear, that was all he could feel at that moment. He called her again and again with fear filled voice. He was scared, scared something will happen to her. Finally, maybe God did hear him pray she woke up. But she wasn't her usual self.

Abhimaan's Pov

              Thank God she woke up. Seeing her like this I didn't know what to do. Seeing her like this reminded of me. When I used to get Panick attack. She was saying to leave her. She kept repeating it over and over again. She was not herself. Something has happened to her. She didn't let me come closer to her.

               "Anjali it's me your maan." I said to her tears filling in my eyes and my voice quivering.

                   Finally, she looked at me. Her eyes red, scared. The moment she stopped distancing herself I hugged her tightly. She let herself be in my arms, relaxing herself.

                   "maan" she said meekly.  Trying to assure herself. " You are safe baby, Iam here." I whispered to her calming her down. I don't know how many minutes has passed she detached herself from me. I gave her a glass of water, gulping the water she looked at me. I kept the glass aside after taking it from her. Again, I hugged her assuring myself that she is ok. She also hugged me. We kept sitting there like that for God knows how many minutes. Composing herself she asked, " Why are you here." I replied," I came here to give you a surprise visit."

                 I contemplated to asking her about what happed before. Before I could ask, she said, " I know you want to know why I got Panic attack."

              " It is true that I want to know about it, and I need to know as we are going to get married." I said to her. " But for now, my priority is you." I said looking into her eyes. Hearing this she smiled.

   TO BE CONTINUED ...........