16 - ROMANCE?

After washing his face, he looked himself in the mirror. Swollen eyes, messy hair, tear strained face, but he had a small smile on his lips. He felt a weight off his chest. He felt relieved that he opened his past to her. Moreover, he was happy that he opened his past to her and also that she did not judge him. Only few people understand other people without judging them. Anjali was also one of them. His parents, siblings, and friends are the who understand him. Even some relatives judge him for his past.

                                            Stepping out of his washroom after drying his face with a towel, he moved to eat the food she ordered. She was seated in the sofa. He also sat near to her. He reached out his hand to take the plate kept there but she was faster than him and took the plate.  Abhimaan looked at her with a confused expression. Without uttering any word, she started to feed him. He felt loved, cared by her this gesture. He looked at her with a bright and shy smile. She motioned him to open his mouth. He obliged and she started to feed him. The vicinity around them were peaceful. Abhimaan was continuously looking at her. When she looked at him, she couldn't depict what are the emotion in his eyes. The way his eyes travelled around her face to decode what she was thinking, how was her expression when she comforted him, and brave was she to stand up for him. Not to forget she stood beside him when Aditi was there.

                                         One's eyes cannot lie. It's true as thy expresses your emotions very clearly. After she fed him, she moved to washroom to wash her hands and face. Washing her she was one, opening the door she saw Abhimaan near to the bathroom door. Thinking that he was here to use the washroom she stepped aside to give him space to enter. But she was wrong. Grabbing her by the waist with one hand he closed the door with the other hand without breaking the eye contact. They slowly walked to the sofa and sat down. Still looking into each other's eyes, he gave her a peck near the corner of her lips. And then he slowly moved to her right cheek, then to her left cheek. This was not at all sensual. All this while her eyes were closed, living in the moment.

                                           After he kissed her on the left cheek, they looked into each other's eyes. No words were spoken. The environment was comfortable but silent. Anjali slowly leaned towards his face and gave a kiss on his forehead.  He sighed, closing his eyes. They were looking into each other's eyes slowly leaning forward and ............ the door was abruptly opened.  Both Anjali and Abhimaan were startled. Diverting their eyes from each other and gave their attention to the direction of door.

TO BE CONTINUED......