17 - HIS SMILE

They both looked at the direction of the door and they were flustered to see the person there. It was Abhimaan's father, who came here immediately when he heard about Abhimaan's incident. "Ahem, Iam sorry. You both continue." said his father looking away from them. They both got away from each other and looked elsewhere. Abhimaan stood up and his father " Acha why are you here." "I heard about what happened here, so I came here to check up on you." his father replied. " But I think you are ok." said his father teasingly eyeing him and Anjali in a teasing manner.

Getting what his father referring to they both blushed and looked at each other then looked away. Composing themselves they both greeted his father. " Namaskaram (hello) uncle " she greeted Abhimaan's father with a polite smile. With a smile and a polite nod, he also greeted her. "Looks like my son is okay with you. So Iam going back". Looking at Abhimaan his father says, " you both should go on a date and relax yourselves". At the end his father gave a wink to him. Abhimaan understood that his father is being the cupid between them. He felt shy. Seeing Abhimaaan blushing she smiled looking at him.

Bidding them goodbye his father left to his house. Again, they were alone.

"So, will you come with me." She asked him.

"Where?" he asked her.

" To a place. From away from all this chaos. You need to relax and need to be distracted." She said to him calmly looking into his eyes. It was true he needs to be away from all this. She wanted him to relax.

" Yes." he said smilingly. Why not she is thinking about him only. She understood his inner turmoil. He felt happy seeing her caring for him. After his mom she is the first one to understand him and his inner turmoil.

Grabbing his hand and taking his car key they exit the office. When they were at the parking lot, he stopped her from going further away. Turing around she looked at him confusedly. Suddenly he took her in his arms for a hug. At first, she was startled, in a few seconds she hugged him tightly. No words were shared. Few, moments later they broke the hug. He brushed away the hair that was disturbing her view. Inching closer to her he gave a forehead kiss to her. Waited a few seconds before pulling himself away from her. After that thy got into the car and she started the car. Before that she left a message to her mother that she will be coming home late.

She drove the car, to their destination away from the hustling, bustling of the city. With a soft melody playing and both of them humming to it. He had a smile on his lips. He looked at her with a serene smile. Feeling some eyes on her she looked at him and found him looking at her. Smilingly, she asked him " Why are you looking at me like that?"

" Nothing felt like looking at you, so I looked at you." He said shrugging his shoulders.

" Oh, then you can look all you want." She said winking at him. She felt relieved that he was not thinking of that incident anymore and spoiling his mood.

They bought some food to eat at their supposed destination. Then, again they started their journey.

TO BE CONTINUED.......